1.    #1  
    Does anyone else have issues with notifications for the Messaging app not working? I am seeing the following problems for all accounts (Skype, GTalk, AIM, and YahooIM)

1) No visual or audio notifications for msgs received at all. The only way I've found out that I have msgs is by opening up the app, and people are wondering why I am ignoring them.

2) When I go into preferences and select "ringtone" for the notification sound, I get the usual popup where I can select a sound. However, when I select a sound, that popup goes blank and doesn't go away. Effectively, this means that I cannot select a sound.

Anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    bump... No one has this same issue?
    did you find an answer. I was (am) also having this issue. Partially solved it my going into the messaging app.
    top left where it says available,busy etc is small radio button. I clicked this marked myself as busy and then changed back to available. The radio button changed from a semi circle to a full circle and I am now receiving notifications again. However when trying to change the ringtone I am still getting the blank box that just freezes.
  3.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by shebaswhiskers View Post
    did you find an answer. I was (am) also having this issue. Partially solved it my going into the messaging app.
    top left where it says available,busy etc is small radio button. I clicked this marked myself as busy and then changed back to available. The radio button changed from a semi circle to a full circle and I am now receiving notifications again. However when trying to change the ringtone I am still getting the blank box that just freezes.
    I think it's a bug. I have never been successful in selecting a ringtone as the notification sound. Notification will only work if default system sound or vibrate. In my case, setting notification somehow also selects vibrate, so it's quite annoying to get the vibration with every notification. I wish more people would test and chime in about their experiences...
    omg this has been driving me CRAZY! my cousin's new 32gb touchpad changes the ringtone for messages instantly but my 16gb does not. it has the same error as you guys mentioned.... any luck figuring this out? i've looked everywhere!!!!!!