Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Here's the deal. My wife and I each have a TP and use Amazon.com a lot. Amazon.com has a different interfaces on each of our TP's as you can see in the attached pics. My wife's amazon.com (Screenshot 1) works flawlessly. I actually thought Amazon did a interface update to freshen up their look but on my TP amazon.com (Screenshot 2) it's the same ol' Amazon.com interface. Spitting image when viewing on a desktop. Though when using amazon.com on my TP it has some issues when navigating through my account information. Text overlapping, Pictures/text pushed to one side, etc... However, when using amazon on my wife's TP it works perfect.

The only difference between our TP's are two different kernels. She is running the F15C Eagle and Mine is running F4 Phantom. We both have the same patches installed (the basic stuff)

Any thoughts on why both TP's have 2 different amazon interfaces?

BTW for any Amazon Prime members out there that want to watch FREE Movies etc....Prime Instant Videos works great on our TP's!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Frohoss; 09/13/2011 at 04:06 AM.
    amazon is rolling out a new interface...
    Let's start with some basic troubleshooting.

Have you cleared the cache/saved info and tried reversing the logons (you log into her account and she yours) on the devices? Perhaps one account is getting a different interface from them?
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by codecrumb View Post
    amazon is rolling out a new interface...
    But why do you think the sites look different on each TP though?
    Quote Originally Posted by Frohoss View Post
    But why do you think the sites look different on each TP though?
    It could be based on the account, which is why I'd like you to switch them if you can. Then we'll know if one account is on it and the other not. Here's confirmation of the new design and what you're seeing.

Story
    Amazon's New Design Will Spotlight Digital Content, Rather than Goods - Softpedia

Screenshot (looks like what you posted)
    The Amazon homepage in testing - Tablet-Friendly Amazon.com in Testing - Softpedia
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by morydees View Post
    Let's start with some basic troubleshooting.

Have you cleared the cache/saved info and tried reversing the logons (you log into her account and she yours) on the devices? Perhaps one account is getting a different interface from them?
    Thanks for your thoughts. I'll try doing that and follow up with everyone.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I find this to be rather odd I guess.

My TP: Cleared cache, restarted device, signed out of my amazon account, signed into my wife's amazon account and the interface looked the same as screenshot 2 above. (old amazon interface)

Her TP: signed out of her amazon account (new amazon interface), signed into my amazon account and the interfaced looked the same as screenshot 2 above. (old amazon interface)

Then signed back into her amazon account on her TP and it was back to the new amazon interface.

So, basically the new amazon interface is only working on her account on her TP only.
    Last edited by Frohoss; 09/13/2011 at 03:47 AM.
    I'm just guessing here but you might have two things going on at once. It's possible that only her account was selected (or somehow triggered) for their new design. And since it happens to be a tablet specific design chance, it's also possible that Amazon hard-codes it to the most detected or "main" device on the account. You'd think Amazon wouldn't know which is her main device but you'd be surprised at how much your browser reveals about you and your computer setup via the headers...and how the big sites track and adjust to you!

It could also be any number of tiny differences in the header/setup that trigger Amazon to not attempt testing their new view with a certain combination. There's probably no good way to tell for sure but I wouldn't let it bother you too much. Soon we'll all be on that new style