Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
Like Tree9Likes
  1.    #1  
    What other performance-enhancing patches/apps am I missing on this list?
    These are all the one that I have installed on all three of my Touchpads:


    System logging set to minimal
    Preware
    UberKernel for Touchpad
    Govnah (set to 1.5GHz)
    Advanced Reset Options
    Faster Card Animations Hyper Version
    Increase Touch Sensitivity and Smoothness(the new one)
    Make It So
    max Blocker
    Muffle System Logging
    Quiet powered Messages
    Remove Dropped Packet Logging
    Unthrottle Download Manager
    EOM Overlord Monitoring
    Hulu Fix
    Increase Touchpad Volume (Lite)
    Remove Untrusted SSL Certs
    Remove Ripple Effect



    Any suggestions appreciated!
    Last edited by roundruler; 09/13/2011 at 11:10 AM.
    morydees, Dis and russraff32 like this.
  2. #2  
    You might add Advanced Browser to that list but that covers the majority of the "must haves". I've been keeping a list of new stuff I've been finding on the boards so here are two of them. Mind you they are works in progress but these days what isn't?

    Disable webOS's (flawed) Browser Cache
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ser-cache.html
    You can now DISABLE the web cache completely (works for either browser). This fixes you having to refresh all the time because of old info at the trade-off of being a bit slower to load a page (though some actually claim it can be quicker at times, see thread). It also appears to resolve some website logon issues and other things. Consider it an option.
    Organize/Arrange Bookmarks and add Icons (stock browser only)
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...2-patches.html

    This allows you to sort the stock browser's bookmarks alphabetically and a recent addition allows the inserting of 32X32px images for each.
  3. novoken's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    #3  
    You have a good list there.
    Make sure you get the new Increase Touch Sensitivity and Smoothness
  4. twe
    twe is offline
    twe's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    #4  
    Keep an eye out on battery life, I installed a few patches including UberKernel and my battery life dropped by half.... Now back to stock with a few patches and installing one by one to see if any of the patches had the issue or was it the kernel at the time.... As now battery is back to normal.....
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by twe View Post
    Keep an eye out on battery life, I installed a few patches including UberKernel and my battery life dropped by half.... Now back to stock with a few patches and installing one by one to see if any of the patches had the issue or was it the kernel at the time.... As now battery is back to normal.....

    patches shouldn't have affected your battery life to a point where you would notice it, and as I've been overclocking on webOS for years it truly doesn't have that drastic of an effect on battery life. Perhaps there is something else running in the background hogging your juice.

    And to the OP you've got just about everything. I would recommend the patch add thumbNav controls to ease your web browsing woes. And thanks to mory for the link to organizing bookmarks!
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by wbussing View Post
    patches shouldn't have affected your battery life to a point where you would notice it, and as I've been overclocking on webOS for years it truly doesn't have that drastic of an effect on battery life. Perhaps there is something else running in the background hogging your juice.

    And to the OP you've got just about everything. I would recommend the patch add thumbNav controls to ease your web browsing woes. And thanks to mory for the link to organizing bookmarks!
    agreed. More likely that an app is the culprit.
  7. twe
    twe is offline
    twe's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    #7  
    OK thanks for the response, so I guess patches are fine with reboots in-between...... Cool.
  8. #8  
    I just installed the raw patch to resize the emulator window to make the phone apps fit in a bigger window (see front page Precentral for story about this and link to thread). You may wish to wait until this or some other patch gets released to preware.
    roundruler and morydees like this.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by morydees View Post

    Organize/Arrange Bookmarks and add Icons (stock browser only)
    Thanks! I looked into "Arrange Booksmarks" but couldn't find it in Preware.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by wbussing View Post
    And to the OP you've got just about everything. I would recommend the patch add thumbNav controls to ease your web browsing woes.
    WOW, Advanced ThumbNav is awesome and something I've wanted since day one. I'm just sad it's not in Advanced Browser and just the stock one...but that seems common. Apparently it's very hard to uninstall patches from third party apps like Adv. Browser since it breaks/deletes things so Garrett (author) has decided not to add it to that version yet.

    Someone did email the Advanced Browser guys though and recommended adding that to their product. For now I'll use the stock browser, thanks!
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by morydees View Post
    WOW, Advanced ThumbNav is awesome and something I've wanted since day one. I'm just sad it's not in Advanced Browser and just the stock one...but that seems common. Apparently it's very hard to uninstall patches from third party apps like Adv. Browser since it breaks/deletes things so Garrett (author) has decided not to add it to that version yet.

    Someone did email the Advanced Browser guys though and recommended adding that to their product. For now I'll use the stock browser, thanks!
    What exactly is ThumbNav? Thanks for the heads up!
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by frontloader View Post
    What exactly is ThumbNav? Thanks for the heads up!
    From his page here: (Touchpad) ThumbNav Browser Controls | webOSroundup

    Tired of reaching up for the nav buttons in the web browser every time you want to do something? So annoying... ThumbNav solves that problem by popping up a little control panel wherever you swipe you finger onto the screen. This is accomplished by using a sort of "gesture area". Swipe your finger onto the screen from the left or right bezel and watch as ThumbNav pops up! You can close it by tapping a button or anywhere on the screen.

    You can find this patch in Preware under the Patches>Browser category.
    Screenshot (not my image):
  13. #13  
    Can u still use this with the power swipe patch?
  14. zc1
    zc1 is offline
    zc1's Avatar
    Posts
    90 Posts
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by cclarion View Post
    Can u still use this with the power swipe patch?
    I had to uninstall the power swipe to insall the thumb controls.

    Good thread, by the way.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by cclarion View Post
    Can u still use this with the power swipe patch?
    No but in that thread some are saying this is much better. I've never tried power swipe myself though.
  16. #16  
    Was hoping this thread would take off a bit. Is there another like it, keeping track of new and useful apps?
  17. c000's Avatar
    Posts
    665 Posts
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    #17  
    i just installed all these myself and the difference is pretty noticeable. everything feels a lot more responsive.



    System logging set to minimal
    Preware
    UberKernel for Touchpad
    Govnah (set to 1.5GHz)
    Advanced Reset Options
    Faster Card Animations Hyper Version
    Increase Touch Sensitivity and Smoothness
    max Blocker
    Muffle System Logging
    Quiet powered Messages
    Remove Dropped Packet Logging
    Unthrottle Download Manager
    EOM Overlord Monitoring
    Hulu Fix
    Increase Touchpad Volume (Lite)
    Remove Untrusted SSL Certs

  18. #18  
    I just installed the eom overlord monitoring from preware.
    After preware finished the install it said completed installing linux app.

    I was wondering if I should see this as an app icon in my downloads?

    Because I restarted my TP and I don't see any eom overlord app icon?
  19. noseph's Avatar
    Posts
    727 Posts
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    #19  
    No Launch Button path is now on my list. It removes the Launch Button and lets you have 8 icons on the bottom bar in landscape mode.

    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3189484
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

    Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

    Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

    Twitter: @noseph47
  20. nToxik's Avatar
    Posts
    74 Posts
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    #20  
    Aren't these two similar if not redundant?

    System logging set to minimal
    Muffle System Logging


    Doesn't Muffle System Logging turn off all logging anyways?
    Last edited by nToxik; 10/07/2011 at 10:32 AM. Reason: typo
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions