Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by blobos View Post
    How do I access files that were transferred through usb into the touchpad from ubuntu or must I download everything through wifi?
    I have added an fstab entry for the device webOS has mounted at /media/internal/. I personally mounted it at /data in chroot. I don't have the touchpad with me and I can't remember what the device is but here's a post that explains it all: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...ml#post3130952
    Ubuntu on Touchpad is not perfect but it does offer us a full featured browser (I use Chromium), Office Suite, PDF viewer, etc.

It cannot do everything just like WebOS so it is complementary. If I need to watch YouTube, etc, I just use WebOS and it is very convenient.

On Ubuntu, foreign language input is very easy to install.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I can't believe no one has mentioned this yet, its pretty much the ONLY reason I use Ubuntu on TP - Remote desktop (using tsclient). I've tested all the RDP solutions for webOS, and none of them work. Thanks Ubuntu!
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    was using it to read PDF's, but with the new PDF patches available, the experience is decent enough to ditch ubuntu.
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Since I have a number of Linux computers at my disposal, the only thing that I'm using Ubuntu-chroot for on my TP is to run the Python-based TiVo remote control program. One of these days, I'll get around to coding a native Enyo app/service to control the TiVo, but for now using the chroot to run the Python program has saved me the expense of buying an infrared repeater system since I can now channel surf over wifi from anywhere in the house.....
    Sent from my Etch-a-Sketch.

#staycoolmybabies
    Is there any image editing software working in Ubuntu on the TP? All I really need is the ability to convert filetypes.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by Daughain View Post
    Is there any image editing software working in Ubuntu on the TP? All I really need is the ability to convert filetypes.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    There is Gimp, but it might be an overkill.
    Try the image magick suite. It does command-line file conversion, is capable of a fair bit of image manipulation and you can run batch jobs on multiple files. Requires learning the command-line options, though.
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install imagemagick
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynxy View Post
    I can't believe no one has mentioned this yet, its pretty much the ONLY reason I use Ubuntu on TP - Remote desktop (using tsclient). I've tested all the RDP solutions for webOS, and none of them work. Thanks Ubuntu!
    Splashtop?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12