Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By apd
  • 2 Post By sledge007
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys. I've had my Touchpad for a few weeks now and I've been hearing this overclocking business all over the web.

I'd like to overclock it to 1.5ghz using the prewares. I'm not sure how to do it properly. I've read some forums and they are quite confusing in my opinion.

Is it stable to do so without ruining my touchpads battery?

Anyone have simple steps I can just follow to install the preware.

Also if anything does happen (god forbid) how will be reinstall and turn my touchpad back into stock mode?

Thanks a lot!
  2. apd
    Do you really need more than this http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ted-guide.html, together with a good read of the forum?
    All your questions are answered if you just take some time to read.
    LinuxKoss likes this.
    OP, if you buy the Preware Homebrew Documentation guide, for the low, low price of $0.99...not only will you be supporting webOS Internals for their great work, but you will have a complete, illustrated walk-thru guide on how to install Preware, overclock and many other handy tips.

It's a small price for a great cause
    geeksquadkid and LinuxKoss like this.
    There is a website TouchPadPlus.com -- The Leading Step By step Instruction to Jailbreak, Boost Up and Overclock TouchPad that has step-by-step instructions with photos. You can't get much easier than that!
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    OP, if you buy the Preware Homebrew Documentation guide, for the low, low price of $0.99...not only will you be supporting webOS Internals for their great work, but you will have a complete, illustrated walk-thru guide on how to install Preware, overclock and many other handy tips.

It's a small price for a great cause
    This is what I just did (I had the app installed for a long time, but kind of forgot about it) and I had it overclocked in minutes.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by r_wright1 View Post
    There is a website TouchPadPlus.com -- The Leading Step By step Instruction to Jailbreak, Boost Up and Overclock TouchPad that has step-by-step instructions with photos. You can't get much easier than that!

thats pretty helpful
    Their use of words like Jailbreak and boost up is annoying.

To be honest, other guides here on these forums and from homebrew guys are better reads. Plus they get right to the point.

I agree that people should throw the homebrew community $1USD for support, even if they already know how to use preware and quick install.
    Thanks for this link! I've had my touchpad for a couple of months now and had installed several apps already and was under the impression (probably erroneously) that you couldn't overclock the touchpad without wiping newly installed apps out. I followed the instructions in the link above and was able to overclock my touchpad and not lose any apps or saved data.

Very useful set of instructions and easy to follow!