View Poll Results: Do you use your touchpad mostly in Portrait mode or Landscape?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Portrait

12 15.79%
  • Landscape

64 84.21%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1  
    Quote Originally Posted by Strodtbeck View Post
    typing is th thing, if I had thumb type keyboard then I probably would be in landscape 100% of the time except for apps that are portrait only thus, 19:10/9 ratio makes more sense to me but the 4x3 is ok.
    Same thing here. When I need to type I'm usually in portrait because I can actually reach all the letters with my thumb. In Landscape it's nearly impossible so I have to hunt and peck.
    Do you use your touchpad the majority of the time in landscape or portrait mode?
    portrait unless obvious other reasons. Its too awkward holding it landscape imo.
    in browser I'm always in landscape because the fonts are too darn small in portrait. But its way easier to type in portrait.
    locked to portrait for browser, e-mail, twitter, glimpse... landscape usually only for games or watching media that is longer than a couple minutes.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    always in landscape. I hate it when apps only run in portrait.
    Click here to see my Palm Pre photos

Fave Apps: Agenda, Facebook, Molo Photo Filters Pro, Spaz, AuctionMate Pro, Flickr Mundo, Brightness Unlinked, AccuWeather, NomNomNom, KalemSoft Media Player, Paketverfolgung, Puzzle Master

Palm Pre -> HP Pre 3 + TouchPad <3
    It depends on which I do, but more in landscape. While browsing or reading texts the fonts are just too small in portrait and if you zoom in you have to scroll sideways. I dont like apps (except games or similar in fullscreen) that are fixed in an orientation.
    mostly in landscape. everything feels too cramped in portrait mode. i havent used my touchpad just walking around so i havent had the need to type while standing up. its usually just docked on my touchstone or in a folio case that props up in landscape mode.
    landscape for almost everything.

portrait for Kindle reading and some Pre- games that seem to be set automatically that way.
    typing is th thing, if I had thumb type keyboard then I probably would be in landscape 100% of the time except for apps that are portrait only thus, 19:10/9 ratio makes more sense to me but the 4x3 is ok.
    Actually have the screen locked to portrait. Might be the case that makes me prefer it this way, because I use the flip cover as a little tray for my phone... But I also have my phone screen locked to portrait. Maybe I'm just weird.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Pretty much 50-50. Depends what is on the screen.
    I use portrait when I'm forced to by the app, for example Internalz Pro.... even then sometimes I just turn my head, cause I'm lazy like that
    landscape all the time except when an app forces it otherwise. BAD APP.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    sledge007 likes this.
    Landscape for video (duh) and email / web browsing but portrait for everything else.
    Landscape for almost everything, since a lot of apps, like Paper Mache and Spaz HD really want to have three columns available to them.

However, sometimes, when writing something I'll switch to portrait, where I can thumb type with both hands easily, or for reading a book/comic, that kind of thing.

Basically, whatever is most suitable to what I'm doing.
    i actually found a use case for Portrait last night. lying in bed, laying on my side, i tend to tilt it at a slight angle, which makes landscape a bit more uncomfortable. but i have to Rotation Lock it to stay in whatever mode I choose.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Rarely in portrait mode.
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    landscape, usually with the cover on so i can stand it up and watch news, or recline it to type on.

portrait i use when reading on my side in bed, with rotation lock on; or when an app forces me to.

80+% of the time i use landscape.
    I really thought I would spend more time in portrait like my phone, but I think I'm in landscape 90% of the time.. for browsing, movies, crossword puzzles and Angry Birds.

You?

Do you rely on orientation lock a lot?
    Last edited by sinistersai4d; 09/19/2011 at 10:48 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast