1.    #1  
    Sorry... I know this is a dumb question.

If I buy the HP Care Pack with ADP via the app on the Touchpad,
    does coverage only apply to that Touchpad?

Or does the coverage apply to all the Touchpads that I own on
    the same webOS account?

Here's why I'm asking: after I completed the purchase using
    the HP Care Pack App on Touchpad#1, it came back with a
    purchase confirmation screen. I made a screenshot and emailed
    it to myself.

When I fired up Touchpad#2, I downloaded the HP Care Pack
    App and installed. When I started the app, it showed the same
    purchase confrmation screen!!!???

Was this just a glitch? (if so, should I bother asking HP about
    it or should I keep quiet?)
    just that touchpad
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by SKYLARKBOY86 View Post
    just that touchpad
    that's what I thought....

but how come I can't use the app to purchase Care Pack for
    Touchpad#2 and Touchpad#3? When I downloaded the
    Care Pack app to those two Touchpads, the app openes up
    to the purchase confirmation page. There is no purchase
    option... in fact there's nothing to click on.
    An app purchase goes to the entire account, so maybe that might be one to call HP about .. better safer than sorrier.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by roundruler View Post
    that's what I thought....

but how come I can't use the app to purchase Care Pack for
    Touchpad#2 and Touchpad#3? When I downloaded the
    Care Pack app to those two Touchpads, the app openes up
    to the purchase confirmation page. There is no purchase
    option... in fact there's nothing to click on.
    most likely because the "profile" already purchased the hp care pack. Even though each TP has it's own serial number. Since the TP is the first device to be able to run multiple devices on the same profile at the same time, no one can be 100% certain.

If you are looking for damage protection, I would suggest square trade. Especially since for the $100 or $150 fire sale price point their protection is CHEAP. I am holing on to the extra 16 gig I got for light around the home use and "insurance" if something were to happen to the wifes TP.

My 32 gig already had the square trade protection on it from early last month.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    most likely because the "profile" already purchased the hp care pack. Even though each TP has it's own serial number. Since the TP is the first device to be able to run multiple devices on the same profile at the same time, no one can be 100% certain.

If you are looking for damage protection, I would suggest square trade. Especially since for the $100 or $150 fire sale price point their protection is CHEAP. I am holing on to the extra 16 gig I got for light around the home use and "insurance" if something were to happen to the wifes TP.

My 32 gig already had the square trade protection on it from early last month.

SquareTrade quoted me about $99 for 2-year coverage with accidental damage protection.
    (this is on the $99 16GB Touchpad)

I spoke to them on the phone and asked how they would handle claims. I was advised that
    they may choose to issue me a check in the amount of the original purchase price, in the
    event that they couldn't repair/replace it. The check will be for $99, as shown on my
    Touchpad's original receipt. This just doesn't make any sense to me.

On the other hand, I did buy SquareTrade warranty with ADH for my $799 iPad 2 64GB 3G.
    The price for the THREE-year coverage was only $79 because I had a coupon. That made
    a lot more sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by roundruler View Post
    SquareTrade quoted me about $99 for 2-year coverage with accidental damage protection.
    (this is on the $99 16GB Touchpad)

I spoke to them on the phone and asked how they would handle claims. I was advised that
    they may choose to issue me a check in the amount of the original purchase price, in the
    event that they couldn't repair/replace it. The check will be for $99, as shown on my
    Touchpad's original receipt. This just doesn't make any sense to me.

On the other hand, I did buy SquareTrade warranty with ADH for my $799 iPad 2 64GB 3G.
    The price for the THREE-year coverage was only $79 because I had a coupon. That made
    a lot more sense.
    Yeah that 99 doesn't sound right. I only paid 130 for 3 years on my 650 bundle TP. Also the ST warranties that were listed on QVC with this last round of TP's was like 20 and 40 IIRC.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I was just quoted $99 for 3 years with ADP.