Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    Hi

    I'm getting a bit fed up of my Touchpad 32gb black.

    is there anyone that could help me so I don't have to sell it.

    I am getting tired of looking round the web and when I select something is a drop down box on a lot of sites I view, once I have made my selection it reloads the page and my selection is no longer there.

    in must cases I'm happy with the touchpad. But I'm finding I'm having to use my Pc or laptop more and more to view sites that did work on my Old Dell streak 7

    I have installed preware and done just about every patch and clocked it to ondemand 1.5 ( which is great ).

    I do like the look of video playing @ hd res on it and Photos are great. But the web browser is really getting to me. I'm looking for a Car over the next few months and I was hoping to use my TPad to do it, but I cannot.

    I've been a fan of WebOS for a while and only recently sold my palm pre 8gb.

    And is there anyway of getting the browser to go back to where you left it before you click on something. as I'm getting sick of having to scroll down the page again when ever I use the back button.

    Also when trying to sign into this site it says I'm been logged in, but then when the page reloads Nothing. no Welcome btc8500 just the sign in box again?

    Please help as I don't want to give up on it faster than HP did..

    Cheers
  2. #2  
    There is a fix to address the cache issue on the browser (this is why you're having problems logging on). If you search this subforum for cache I think, you should find it.

    As far as some of the other issues, you're just going to have to live with it. The browser is subpar. Just remind yourself that your tablet is not a replacement for a PC.

    Why are you hoping to use your tablet to help car shop? What void is the tablet filling that isn't better filled by a smartphone?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by beardedspoooon View Post
    There is a fix to address the cache issue on the browser (this is why you're having problems logging on). If you search this subforum for cache I think, you should find it.

    As far as some of the other issues, you're just going to have to live with it. The browser is subpar. Just remind yourself that your tablet is not a replacement for a PC.

    Why are you hoping to use your tablet to help car shop? What void is the tablet filling that isn't better filled by a smartphone?
    My Phone is only a Galaxy Ace and the site I use for cars has more options to select cars than there mobile site version. autotrader in the uk.
    I will have alook about the cache issue
    Thanks
  4.    #4  
    I'm doing this in my touchpad, I did not know what was making the problem happen, and so far it has me logged in so I can post on here now.

    Thanks again

    Just tried the autotrader site again and still not working right.
    I can enter my postcode and the miles away and car make but when selecting model it resets the page and looses all the details but my postcode
    Last edited by btc8500; 09/12/2011 at 09:47 AM. Reason: updated
  5. #5  
    Yeah i know what you mean with the browser issues. Somtimes i click on a link with a drop down menu and it just load the page right away without drop down pausing. And going back to a page without scrolling back where you left off is annoyed at times. Hopefully the next update will address these issues and others as well. Or maybe someone will release a patch for these issues. Overall i think it will be sorted out sometime later.
  6. #6  
    Small price to pay for a $150 tablet. Although I do agree. The browsing experience on the TP is beyond horrid. So many little issues. The craziest part is that some of the issues seem like they could of been avoided by a complete moron.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by nang View Post
    Yeah i know what you mean with the browser issues. Somtimes i click on a link with a drop down menu and it just load the page right away without drop down pausing. And going back to a page without scrolling back where you left off is annoyed at times. Hopefully the next update will address these issues and others as well. Or maybe someone will release a patch for these issues. Overall i think it will be sorted out sometime later.
    100% correct. I am also hoping for a fix with this issue. There is no pause at all for dropdown menus.
  8. ac921ol's Avatar
    Posts
    151 Posts
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by beardedspoooon View Post
    There is a fix to address the cache issue on the browser (this is why you're having problems logging on). If you search this subforum for cache I think, you should find it.
    Cant find the cache fix at all if there is one.

    didnt think there was a fix at all yet. even thru preware.

    UPDATE
    Found the link, here it is for anyone interested in it

    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ser-cache.html
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ac921ol View Post
    Cant find the cache fix at all if there is one.

    didnt think there was a fix at all yet. even thru preware.

    UPDATE
    Found the link, here it is for anyone interested in it

    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ser-cache.html
    there is.


    1. Install Preware if you haven't already (google will help you with this)
    2. Install Internalz Pro from Preware.
    3. Open Internalz Pro -> app name in top left corner of the screen -> Preferences -> turn on 'Master Mode' -> app name again -> close
    4. Open /etc/palm/browser-app.conf
    5. Change the following:

    MemCacheMinDeadBytes=0MB
    MemCacheMaxDeadBytes=0MB
    MemCacheTotalBytes=0MB
    DiskCacheEnabled=false

    6. Reboot your tablet (Luna restart isn't enough)
    7. Done


    credits to Ramblings of a Closet Geek

Posting Permissions