1.    #1  
    Saturday, I was using my touchpad in the morning just fine. When I picked it up in the afternoon after a few hours, it was off although it had more than 50% of battery left.

I don't remember what I did to turn it on, if it was just using the power button or power + center but it finally turned on. instead of giving me my usual touchpad 'desktop', it showed the setup process (language, country, TOS, log in or register)

So i logged in using my existing account but then it tried to restore data, which kept giving an error. It's not even trying. the error shows up as soon as I press the button and I'm given 2 choices 'Restore Data', which fails every time, or 'Start Over' which reboots the TP and gives me the setup process.

Out of curiosity I managed to create a new account and I can 'use' (download apps) my touchpad using this new account but every time I reboot, it gets the initial setup again. If I log in using this new account, the apps I downloaded are gone.

I sent a quick log to hp tech support on their request (spent 2 hours on the phone yesterday) but I wanted to see if you guys would recommend anything as my tp has been made useless by something that has yet to be identified.

ty for reading.
    Quote Originally Posted by neks View Post
    Saturday, I was using my touchpad in the morning just fine. When I picked it up in the afternoon after a few hours, it was off although it had more than 50% of battery left.

I don't remember what I did to turn it on, if it was just using the power button or power + center but it finally turned on. instead of giving me my usual touchpad 'desktop', it showed the setup process (language, country, TOS, log in or register)

So i logged in using my existing account but then it tried to restore data, which kept giving an error. It's not even trying. the error shows up as soon as I press the button and I'm given 2 choices 'Restore Data', which fails every time, or 'Start Over' which reboots the TP and gives me the setup process.

Out of curiosity I managed to create a new account and I can 'use' (download apps) my touchpad using this new account but every time I reboot, it gets the initial setup again. If I log in using this new account, the apps I downloaded are gone.

I sent a quick log to hp tech support on their request (spent 2 hours on the phone yesterday) but I wanted to see if you guys would recommend anything as my tp has been made useless by something that has yet to be identified.

ty for reading.
    Mine started to do the same thing yesterday. Screen froze so I rebooted and instead of getting my desktop on the touchpad I got the setup screen. I tried the usual full reset, etc. Had HP on chat for almost an hour to no avail. Mine is also not sending or receiving emails from the email app nor can I do a manual backup(backup failed error). Everything but email and backup works until I reboot, then it's back to the setup screen, language, country etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Try doctoring it to rule out corrupt files.
    Quote Originally Posted by iBen95111 View Post
    Try doctoring it to rule out corrupt files.
    It won't run the doctor. Stops at 8% and then I get an error. Been working on this for 4 days now. Can't get webOS to work either. Evey reboot takes me back to the setup page. So frustrating to say the least. :-(
  5.    #5  
    doctoring would fail every time at 8% too

I read the guide to fix this problem, but I never managed to find the uImage installer. I later read that I was looking at the right place but I just didn't go deep enough (it was hiding in a rar within a rar - probably within a rar itself). It was already sent for repair so I'll never know if that would fix it completely.

I got it back from repair last week and it's working great since however but I'm sticking to uberkernel now (I was running warthog when it happened)

good luck to you