Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Buffering
  • 3 Post By W0153R
  1.    #1  
    Hi,

you want to assign a custom number to the voicemail button in app phone ?

you must just change one line in this configuration file :

/usr/palm/applications/om.palm.app.phone/source/VoicemailService.jsjsjs

search function :

setVoicemailNumber: function(number) {
    enyo.log("Updating Voicemail Phonenumber: "+number);
    this._number = number;
    // TODO: Launch Voicemail?
    return true;
    },
    getNumber: function() {
    return this._number;
    },
    cleanup: function() {
    //Nothing to delete

and change the line :

this._number = number;

with

this._number = "Your Custom Number";

Save and Exit.
    Reboot
    Active/Synch Bluetooth with your phone
    Launch App phone
    enjoy ^^

Credits : Surcouf_Maniac
    Link :Le Forum de webOSfrance / Messagerie vocale (Appels téleph. / video) (french)
    VDTom likes this.
    What I fail to understand is why the phone app will not save allow and save the edit to the voicemail number field. Just another in the long list of things that Palm/HP have not fixed in almost four generations of phones.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  3.    #3  
    yes you're right :-(
    My phone sends a false number to the TP app phone for the voicemail button.
    so I must use this trick to put the right.
    I've still got to work out how to save the modified file back to the phone, but I just wanted to clarify the modifications. If the new number is 111, should the modified line be:

this._number = "111";

or

this._number = 111;

?

Thanks for this by the way.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    This didn't work in my Pre 3.
    In my Pre 3 VoicemailService.jsjsjs is written a bit differently; in the function setVoicemailNumber there is text this.log, instead of enyo.log.
    So, probably there is even more lines written differently, making the procedure suggested here ineffective.

I managed to change the number, anyway, entering the voicemail number in my carrier's record in the file Carrierdb.json.
    Then I switched the phone completely off and back on. Now the voicemail button works as it's supposed to do at the first place.
    I tried restarting first but that had no effect.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Sorry for digging up this old post, but on my veer I've had the same problem...and found a solution:
    Below the setVoicemailNumber function, there is a function getNumber where I've put in my voicemailnumber:
    Code:
            setVoicemailNumber: function(number) {                                  
                    this.log("Updating Voicemail Phonenumber: "+number);            
                    this._number = number;                                                            
                    // TODO: Launch Voicemail?                                      
                    return true;                                                    
            },                                                                      
            getNumber: function() {                                                 
                    // return this._number;                                         <-- THE OLD
                    return "+31624001233";                                       <-- THE NEW
            },
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Thanks you for digging up this old post !!!
    In Pre3 works perfectly.