1.    #1  
    Anyone got any strategies for this? Keeping email private, different Facebook accounts etc. How are other people managing this?
    Use your browser for all those types of applications and your passwords won't be stored, so long as you don't check the "Remember Me" box.
    Quote Originally Posted by danktuft View Post
    Anyone got any strategies for this? Keeping email private, different Facebook accounts etc. How are other people managing this?
    This question comes up a lot, currently there is no support for multiple users (login like your pc) they based it on the phone which you don't normally share it between multiple users. My suggestion? Don't use the accounts and use the web to get to your Facebook, email, etc... Just make sure to not allow it to save your logins and/or logout each service before your hand it over. If you are going to use it as a public device, treat it as such (or prepare to have strange posts on your Facebook lol)
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Yha, just use the web, and turn on private browsing.
  5.    #5  
    I thought this might be the answer, it's not too bad a solution but annoying if you have multiple email addresses with very secure passwords.

Is there potentially any way round it? Password protecting apps for example?
    Best solution: Buy a 2nd TP
    Yes... oh, wait... I meant no. Got first Touchpad for $84.... then ordered two more
    at $99 and $84... no need to share now... each person in the family has one!
    computers are like underwear. Do you really want to wear someone else's crappy shorts? Sharing, IMO, is asking for trouble.
    The best solution is to not share. gotta get one for the wifey too.
    I thought this might be the answer, it's not too bad a solution but annoying if you have multiple email addresses with very secure passwords.

Is there potentially any way round it? Password protecting apps for example?
    You can purchase the SecuStore Password app and Advanced Browser. SecuStore will let each family member set up their own "set" of passwords in a master password protected file.

To try to clarify, you are Family 1 and you store all your secure passwords in a file that only you have the master password for. Family 2 has their own file and master password etc.

EDIT: Forgot to add that from within SecuStore you can click on a little world icon for each password protected site and it will open Advanced Browser and fill in your passwords with just a tap.
    Quote Originally Posted by lideadhead View Post
    computers are like underwear. Do you really want to wear someone else's crappy shorts? Sharing, IMO, is asking for trouble.

That is so true....

I won't share my wife with anyone else(man or woman),
    so why should I share a computer?
    My wife took it with her to Hawaii last week. I just removed all my account stuff on there before I gave it to her. When she came back on Sunday, I put it back. Ta Da.
    I love Nerdy Girls.
    Oh... I should totally follow this BAMF www.twitter.com/demiroquai
    Quote Originally Posted by Demiroquai View Post
    My wife took it with her to Hawaii last week. I just removed all my account stuff on there before I gave it to her. When she came back on Sunday, I put it back. Ta Da.
    Why? Were there things on your Touchpad that she shouldn't see? (just kidding)

Sharing is the one thing that current tablets(iPad/Android/webOS) don't do well.

When Microsoft demonstrated it's upcoming Windows 8 tablet OS, they specifically
    showed the sharing feature. It's very much like the Windows OS where each member
    of the family can log in individually and only see his/her own desktop or home screen.
    So if you share a Windows tablet with a wife/huband, all you need to do is press a
    button on the screen and switch back and forth.

I suppose a dual-boot webOS/Android 2.3 Touchpad can accomplish the same thing.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    well lucky enough the wifey has an ipad, and i have a touchpad, happy wifey, happy home.

but she did bite the bullet yesterday when i was watching HD movies on my TP and she was trying to find one of her movies on her Ipad, and viola, it was gone since she rented it. lol