1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if overclocking the touchpad will cause any lasting damage. I see lots of tips on overclocking but I am worried that it will overheat the CPU over time and kill the Touchpad.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewaver View Post
    Does anyone know if overclocking the touchpad will cause any lasting damage. I see lots of tips on overclocking but I am worried that it will overheat the CPU over time and kill the Touchpad.
    Overclocking by itself will not cause damage, but overclocking too far can cause damage. You have three general tiers of overclocking on the Touchpad right now, the 1.5GHz set which seems to be perfectly safe, the 1.7GHz set, and then the 1.8GHz set. There are some who may be pushing it to 1.9GHz, but THAT is where I would be concerned about causing some problems in the long term.

So, you can push it a bit, but don't go beyond what you feel comfortable with.
    Bearing in mind that the TP has a 1.5GHz processor that's been underclocked in the first place, you're not really 'overclocking' it when you set it to that so there should not be any problems.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    also keep in mind that with some kernals (the F17c) it only hits those clock speeds when it needs to. A lot of the time (especially when idle) it doesn't need that extra power so it doesn't hit it.
    I have mine at 1.8 and it doesn't feel hot nor does my battery seem to drain quick but cards do open faster and smoother.
    Of course there are other patches installed too.