Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    can the touchpad play FLV files? obviously it can from the browser. but I have downloaded many documentaries and would like to watch them on the touchpad. or is my only hope converting them?
    Use TouchPlayer in the App Catalogue.
    Touchplayer is Homebrew, but there are commercial players in the app cat. Bear in mind most of these do not use the GPU processing power and so if your movies (oops, sorry, documentaries) are high def, the chances are you will not get smooth playback. The in-built supported formats are supposed to use the GPU power, however. You can always convert the FLVs to mp4 without much loss in quality.
    Kalemsoft should play them no worries, grab the demo version from the app catalog. Worth noting if you tried them before they've only just released the update on the app catalog that supports the higher resolution formats.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    thanks guys...once i'm done writing here ill check out those apps. just a quick question...there is no way to open them up somehow in the browser? i was hoping the gemini file manager had an option but i didn't have much luck. worst comes to worst i can always just convert them. but i have around 100 documentaries in FLV so that's an option but not my first choice
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    thanks guys...i gave touchplayer whirl and it worked fairly well. when there is fast motion on the screen it renders the video just ok. but i'm happy, this will do fine for documentaries! thanks again!
    Sometimes i spend hours on the internet searching for and watching documentaries. I'm addicted to documentaries...lol. One day my boss caught me watching a documentary at work. He asked what the website was.
    for some reason. i cant run the software. it doent appears in my apps list

edit. after restart the touchpad. it appear and worked
    Last edited by hypertech; 09/12/2011 at 03:06 PM.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Kalemsoft player is ace! can stream too!
    Quote Originally Posted by izzeho View Post
    Kalemsoft should play them no worries, grab the demo version from the app catalog. Worth noting if you tried them before they've only just released the update on the app catalog that supports the higher resolution formats.
    I don't see a demo version, only a pay version.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lawks View Post
    Kalemsoft player is ace! can stream too!
    can it stream from the computer? there are a bunch of great apps on the ipad that stream from your computer and convert it on the fly so you can watch which ever format on your tablet. this would be nice to have on the touchpad. is that what kalemsoft does when you wrote it can stream?