Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By crazypinoy9
  1.    #1  
    Although there is not a whole lot of accurate data, it would seem that after HP fills all their pending orders and then notifies everyone that there servers were able to gather, who wanted notified, there won't be many left. Shall be an interesting September/October!
    I think you will have a chance.
    100-200k, you should be alright.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I say stick with your original thought of not being able to get one. If u don't end up getting one, it is something you expected and therefore won't be upset.
    However, if you think you have a chance and you don't get one, you'll be upset.
    Hope for the best, but expect the worst.
    Quote Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
    Although there is not a whole lot of accurate data, it would seem that after HP fills all their pending orders and then notifies everyone that there servers were able to gather, who wanted notified, there won't be many left. Shall be an interesting September/October!
    I've resigned myself to the fact that this family will be one firesale TP short!

Fixed that for you.

If you really want to fill that need, here you go: Touchpad on Ebay
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    I've resigned myself to the fact that this family will be one firesale TP short!

Fixed that for you.

If you really want to fill that need, here you go: Touchpad on Ebay
    ebay's too expensive! If the OP really REALLY needs one, my brother doesn't want his 32GB TP (that I drove 150 miles to get by the way) so I will talk to him and see if he'll sell it for around $210+ shipping.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazypinoy9 View Post
    ebay's too expensive! If the OP really REALLY needs one, my brother doesn't want his 32GB TP (that I drove 150 miles to get by the way) so I will talk to him and see if he'll sell it for around $210+ shipping.
    The text in red above is part of why webOS fails and will continue to fail. People too cheap to buy into the environment,
    A Buy It Now brand new 32gb Touchpad at $299 is half of what it cost at launch.

But nope, the above only proves the point that the only value is if you got a firesale price.
  8.    #8  
    The text in red above is part of why webOS fails and will continue to fail. People too cheap to buy into the environment,

But nope, the above only proves the point that the only value is if you got a firesale price.
    Exactly! Why would anyone even consider purchasing something at even 50% reduction when it is about to become extinct? I suspect crazy is trying to sell them!

1 person here is not willing to buy at that price. Touchpads are selling fine on ebay. And, I suspect that right now plenty of people are holding out hopes of snagging one on the second wave. Once it becomes absolutely clear that buying it through secondary means such as ebay and craigslist are the only options, i think the selling price of the touchpad on these sites may start to inch upwards.
    Exactly! Why would anyone even consider purchasing something at even 50% reduction when it is about to become extinct? I suspect crazy is trying to sell them!
    LOL! you guys are funny. I didn't say I WOULD sell it...i said I would ask my brother if he wants to sell his since he doesn't use it.

So you're saying that if Samsung one day decided that they're gonna discontinue their entire line of tv's you wouldn't buy one at even a 50% reduction? That's stupid logic.

Just because the hardware is being discontinued doesn't mean that the hardware or even the software is useless. I use my TP for emails, web browsing, news, and maybe a game a two. You're telling me that I should buy an iPad for $600 to do exactly what I do on my $150 TP for the sole reason being that the product lifespan of the ipad is longer?? And even though HP is still honoring the TP's warranty?

Take my response any way you like because at the end of the day I can care less...
    kurt178 likes this.
  11.    #11  
    LOL! you guys are funny. I didn't say I WOULD sell it...i said I would ask my brother if he wants to sell his since he doesn't use it.

So you're saying that if Samsung one day decided that they're gonna discontinue their entire line of tv's you wouldn't buy one at even a 50% reduction? That's stupid logic.

Just because the hardware is being discontinued doesn't mean that the hardware or even the software is useless. I use my TP for emails, web browsing, news, and maybe a game a two. You're telling me that I should buy an iPad for $600 to do exactly what I do on my $150 TP for the sole reason being that the product lifespan of the ipad is longer?? And even though HP is still honoring the TP's warranty?

Take my response any way you like because at the end of the day I can care less...
    Actually, since we've been relegated to mind reading, if I had to have a "pad" I'd have settled for View sonic (dang auto correct) "type". The HP name and price sucked me in. Was for my wife, as I had no interest but now love it, especially since she seems disinterested. Having said that, if someone stole it tonight, I would not pay even $250 knowing ebay person was making $100 on me.
    Having said that, if someone stole it tonight, I would not pay even $250 knowing ebay person was making $100 on me.
    I agree with you. I wouldn't pay that much for it. I'd pay around $200 at most but only from someone legitimate from these forums. I hate ebay.

If it's gone by any means, it's gone...I'll go buy a galaxy tab 10.1. hahaha
  13.    #13  
    I agree with you. I wouldn't pay that much for it. I'd pay around $200 at most but only from someone legitimate from these forums. I hate ebay.

If it's gone by any means, it's gone...I'll go buy a galaxy tab 10.1. hahaha
    So would I, or at least I'd recommend my daughter and husband to accept that price.