1.    #1  
    after booting up the TP the screen goes into sleep mode after 5 seconds and I need to hit the home button or power button to awake
    is that quick of a transition to sleep mode normal and is there any way to adjust it (haven't found one)

second question

why doesn't airplane mode automatically go off when you have the TP in airplane mode and then turn on WiFi? ... if you do that both the airplane icon and WiFi icons appear and it appear that WiFi takes precident as you can get a signal ....
    if you are in airplane mode and then turn airplane mode off, WiFi will go on
    is there any advantage to having airplane mode on and WiFi on at the same time?
    just wondering
    1. The Screen & Lock program provides 'Turn Off After' options, but none of those is 5 secs.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    1. The Screen & Lock program provides 'Turn Off After' options, but none of those is 5 secs.
    my "turn off after" is set to 10 minutes
    are you saying the screen should not go into sleep mode 5 seconds after booting up if I don't immediately type in my unlock code?
    if so any idea why mine is doing so?

once the TP is up and running and unlocked it will not go into sleep mode unit the 10 minutes it is set to
    Quote Originally Posted by musick View Post
    my "turn off after" is set to 10 minutes
    are you saying the screen should not go into sleep mode 5 seconds after booting up?
    if so any idea why mine is doing so?
    It definitely should not go into sleep mode after 5 seconds. Is it on the Touchstone and maybe it's going into exhibition mode and not sleep mode?

No real ideas on what could be causing it, other than things that would require talking to HP's support and possibly getting a replacement.

Have you applied any of the Preware patches?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileBill23 View Post
    It definitely should not go into sleep mode after 5 seconds. Is it on the Touchstone and maybe it's going into exhibition mode and not sleep mode?

No real ideas on what could be causing it, other than things that would require talking to HP's support and possibly getting a replacement.

Have you applied any of the Preware patches?
    no Touchstone, no preware patches

the screen only dims and goes dark after 5 seconds if I don't unlock the TP
    if I hit the home or power button after it goes dark and again don't type in the unlock code it will dim and go dark in 5 seconds .... once the unlock code is entered it will stay on for 10 mins without activity (the turn off after setting I have it on) before going into sleep mode again
    Last edited by musick; 09/11/2011 at 08:07 PM.
    It should remain on for the set interval, but does dim after about 2/3 of the interval. I would reset, but I gather that you are talking about it happening after a reboot, so I can't help. :-(
    As far as your second question, there are airlines that offer WiFi access after take-off while the plane is reroute. In this case having airplane mode on and WiFi on would be a plus.

Remember webOS is on phones as well and this would have been more relevant to them. To put it simply this is likely a carryover from the phones.
  8.    #8  
    not sure if I was explaining myself correctly but I just spoke to HP's WebOS Butler service and they confirmed that there is a 5 second period before where if you don't drag up the unlock icon to enter your unlock code the screen will go into sleep mode

I don't remember it going into sleep mode so quickly without unlocking but maybe I'm just not remembering it or I just usually drag up the icon and unlock right away without waiting