09/29/2011, 12:36 PM
OK- So, I have had this thing back from HP (sent the Demo in for webOS install), and very soon after I got it back, I tried to sell it.... on more than one occasion, and then something told me to just hang on to it, after all it cost me about $115.00 for this 32GB version.
I have 2 more 32GB coming from HP - who knows when. And I jumped early on OnSale's re-offer of the TP last week, just to run into awful customer service, and so I very happily cancelled that order on Monday! In the meantime, I now own 1 Touchpad 3 Touchstone Chargers and 4 TP cases - all in prep for having gifts for my cousins. Then here comes Amazon! I love Amazon - and they throw a whole new wrench int the barrel for me, but fortunately, I have many weeks to decide what to do with that wrench. Ultimately, I just want to get something that is easy and reliable for the ones receiving them. Now on to my impressions of the TP
Things the really bug me:
1. Pic quality is great - text quality and colors on some sights is very poor: faded - and too light. Also the font size is quite small. I find the color sharpness of text to be someone helped by lowering the brightness.
2. We all know the browser is buggy - and quirky - and while I actually like the card format, I wish there a quicker way to get at the cards than having to lower the one page - then grabbing a card, etc... Also, I have had a few times where text is wiggly and displayed on top of each other....
3. Kindle app sucks! No Word Words with Friends
4. I cannot figure out how to play Yahoo Games - Someone said it's possible, but did not let me know how - I have asked here, other forums, and Youtube
5. Oh -Facebook app sucks too -
6. No 3G - but let's face it - I don't want to pay for such thing, anyway - ATT gets enough of my money for the iPhone
I think that is about it for my complaints - because basically - I really like the thing! In fact, I am avoiding leaving home until it is fully charge - even though- where I am going has not WiFi - go figure that!
1. The notifications are really nice -
2. I just found out that the messenger app really does work with Yahoo messenger
3. Just upgraded my Amazon Prime for only $39.00 and immediately started watching - The Secret - the TP does video very well.
4. SQ of the speakers - I REALLY enjoy that!
5. It does not take too long to charge.
6. I like the weight of it - it feels sturdy
7. It looks great in my Poetic Slimbook Case
8. It is not the fastest thing, but I knew that going in and I do not need the fastest thing. I check email, shop on Amazon, listen to music, visit these forums, go to F/B read reviews - AND TRY TO FIND OUT HOW TO PLAY YAHOO GAMES ON THIS- And it does all of this well enough for me.
9. Oh and I really love the changing wallpaper app.
10. There are others, I am sure - but I am in a hurry - but will post them as they come to me.
I keep reviews of people who expect it to be able to do things that they had to know going in - that it could not do - or do well - or features it does not have - I just do not get that. I pretty much knew what I was getting into, and although there are some things I do not like - most of which I think would have long ago been addressed had HP not given up on it - I really, really like this. I personally could not care less about the camera - cannot imagine ever using it - do not need to overclock it - so far the included music player serves me well - I have not tried to put videos on it yet - I am sure that will cause frustration - as it always does for me, which is why I went right on ahead and gave Amazon more of my money!
I am happy that I gave the TP a chance. I do not know if my cousins would be as patient with this product - that would depend on what they are used to - but I think this was a good choice as my first tablet.
Thanks for your feedback.