Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree54Likes
  1.    #61  
    I love to play games at Yahoo.com. Will I be able to play these games on the TP? One of my favorite games is Words With Friends, which is that same as Literati on Yahoo.com. If I can play Literati, chess, etc. on Yahoo - then I will not miss a WWF app at all. Really, the only other apps I would like to have beyond that are Kindle, BN, and a few educational tools. The last gaming console I owned was a Sega 15 years ago, so I will not miss not having access to the latest games.

Oh - also - what about a great media player for my music? Is there something that will play mp3, Flac, and Ogg files?
    Global Posts
    202 Global Posts
    I love my TP. No real complaints, but then again, I deal with things pretty well.
    I think that the abundance of negativity is simply bcuz people are looking for answers. Posting that you enjoy/love your TP isn't really a topic of discussion.
    I'm still looking to add some patches and possibly overclock. But overall, I'm happy with my purchase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazo View Post
    I love my TP. No real complaints, but then again, I deal with things pretty well.
    I think that the abundance of negativity is simply bcuz people are looking for answers. Posting that you enjoy/love your TP isn't really a topic of discussion.
    I'm still looking to add some patches and possibly overclock. But overall, I'm happy with my purchase.
    Its a discussions because touchkeeper made it one. That's the great thing about forum's, you can create threads about webOS that you want feedback on. This isn't just a help people add patches and oc site. We are a group of enthusiasts that love webOS and our tablets, however <<bad>> everyone thinks they are. Its funny if there was a lets bash the tp thread that would be a topic of discussion instantaneously, seeing how the majority of posts on here go beyond looking for answers, more of a sounding board for their bull crap. So sad, you can't please everyone.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09/29/2011 at 03:17 PM. Reason: language
    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.''`-Space Balls

What doesn't kill you now, is probably a cyborg sent from the future to protect you.

hapbeeboy#WN likes this.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Yes this is the Deal its not the hardware or the OS its HP
    I'm completely at a loss but they released TP in a poor state

1. Hardware is pretty good
    2. The old version of OS released was like Vista really made the hardware seem poor, its not
    3. Updated os from HP combined with webOS internal's patches fine tuned the performance a lot, it works well, combined with some new apps and app updates

The TP has given me decent surfing, email and reading performance well worth the money

With more fine tuning this Tablet could be the buy of the decade.

I honestly think some tech people are truly "honked off" it could be so good.
    I'm not here to criticize the Touchpad but to learn how to make it better.
    Ok, I have my complaints but here's what's good about it:

1) WebOS "cards" and general interface
    Multitasking on here is far superior to the other mobile OS'. Jumping between programs, arranging your cards, stacks, and closing programs by "throwing" the card up off the screen... all incredibly fun. This feels more like using a Mac than iOS does.

2) Customizable
    This thing is not locked down. Installing "PreWare" (app for all the homebrew patches/apps/overclocking stuff) is easy and requires NO rooting or jailbreaking. OS and Browser patches are ridiculously easy to install and uninstall. Lots of homebrew patches to fix holes and improve the user experience (I would be remiss in mentioning that these patches are fixing very big problems/oversights in the shipped product, but I'm trying not to be too negative here... but point 3 below is related to this...)

3) The price.
    So worth $99. Even $150.

4) Flash in browser.
    Until all of the Internet converts over to HTML5, I would never ever go back to a non-Flash tablet. Sooo many sites (many unofficial) you can use now. Embedded video also.
  6.    #66  
    OK- So, I have had this thing back from HP (sent the Demo in for webOS install), and very soon after I got it back, I tried to sell it.... on more than one occasion, and then something told me to just hang on to it, after all it cost me about $115.00 for this 32GB version.

I have 2 more 32GB coming from HP - who knows when. And I jumped early on OnSale's re-offer of the TP last week, just to run into awful customer service, and so I very happily cancelled that order on Monday! In the meantime, I now own 1 Touchpad 3 Touchstone Chargers and 4 TP cases - all in prep for having gifts for my cousins. Then here comes Amazon! I love Amazon - and they throw a whole new wrench int the barrel for me, but fortunately, I have many weeks to decide what to do with that wrench. Ultimately, I just want to get something that is easy and reliable for the ones receiving them. Now on to my impressions of the TP

Things the really bug me:
    1. Pic quality is great - text quality and colors on some sights is very poor: faded - and too light. Also the font size is quite small. I find the color sharpness of text to be someone helped by lowering the brightness.
    2. We all know the browser is buggy - and quirky - and while I actually like the card format, I wish there a quicker way to get at the cards than having to lower the one page - then grabbing a card, etc... Also, I have had a few times where text is wiggly and displayed on top of each other....
    3. Kindle app sucks! No Word Words with Friends
    4. I cannot figure out how to play Yahoo Games - Someone said it's possible, but did not let me know how - I have asked here, other forums, and Youtube
    5. Oh -Facebook app sucks too -
    6. No 3G - but let's face it - I don't want to pay for such thing, anyway - ATT gets enough of my money for the iPhone

I think that is about it for my complaints - because basically - I really like the thing! In fact, I am avoiding leaving home until it is fully charge - even though- where I am going has not WiFi - go figure that!

1. The notifications are really nice -
    2. I just found out that the messenger app really does work with Yahoo messenger
    3. Just upgraded my Amazon Prime for only $39.00 and immediately started watching - The Secret - the TP does video very well.
    4. SQ of the speakers - I REALLY enjoy that!
    5. It does not take too long to charge.
    6. I like the weight of it - it feels sturdy
    7. It looks great in my Poetic Slimbook Case
    8. It is not the fastest thing, but I knew that going in and I do not need the fastest thing. I check email, shop on Amazon, listen to music, visit these forums, go to F/B read reviews - AND TRY TO FIND OUT HOW TO PLAY YAHOO GAMES ON THIS- And it does all of this well enough for me.
    9. Oh and I really love the changing wallpaper app.
    10. There are others, I am sure - but I am in a hurry - but will post them as they come to me.

I keep reviews of people who expect it to be able to do things that they had to know going in - that it could not do - or do well - or features it does not have - I just do not get that. I pretty much knew what I was getting into, and although there are some things I do not like - most of which I think would have long ago been addressed had HP not given up on it - I really, really like this. I personally could not care less about the camera - cannot imagine ever using it - do not need to overclock it - so far the included music player serves me well - I have not tried to put videos on it yet - I am sure that will cause frustration - as it always does for me, which is why I went right on ahead and gave Amazon more of my money!

I am happy that I gave the TP a chance. I do not know if my cousins would be as patient with this product - that would depend on what they are used to - but I think this was a good choice as my first tablet.

Thanks for your feedback.
    Last edited by Touchkeeper; 09/29/2011 at 12:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchkeeper View Post
    I love to play games at Yahoo.com. Will I be able to play these games on the TP? One of my favorite games is Words With Friends, which is that same as Literati on Yahoo.com
    My mother wanted to play the EXACT same game. Literati on Yahoo.com

Unfortunately, the 1st generation Touchpad does not have a Java enabled browser.

No tablet does. This is one more thing that would make the tablet more of a PC than a phone. Hopefully when the Go arrives, they will have this.
    Touchkeeper likes this.
    For everyone who wants a real laugh: I "have" a 32GB TP....bought it at Best Buy when I was picking up a pre-order for my grandson (Christmas present for him!). They had some extras that came in on same truck. So I picked up one for my wife to give me for Christmas! Funny thing is she's holding me to it!!!! .....maybe for my birthday.....it is in October!!!??? Anyway have one, but don't.......can't wait, either way!

Louis
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by dectech View Post
    For everyone who wants a real laugh: I "have" a 32GB TP....bought it at Best Buy when I was picking up a pre-order for my grandson (Christmas present for him!). They had some extras that came in on same truck. So I picked up one for my wife to give me for Christmas! Funny thing is she's holding me to it!!!! .....maybe for my birthday.....it is in October!!!??? Anyway have one, but don't.......can't wait, either way!

Louis
    That's what you get for picking out your own gift to have someone give to you - I hope she does not give it to you until the New Year! .
    dectech likes this.

Louis
    You DID specify that it was this year's Christmas, right?
    Touchkeeper likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    You DID specify that it was this year's Christmas, right?
    Yes...and in hindsight I should have said Birthday....
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchkeeper View Post
    That's what you get for picking out your own gift to have someone give to you - I hope she does not give it to you until the New Year! .
    Ok impulse buy!!! but for $99 bucks, I'd have a REALLY cool toy for Christmas! If I'd said "Honey I want that (TP) for Christmas, she would buy it for me, but pay way more than she should.....so I saved her money!!"
  13.    #73  
    Ok impulse buy!!! but for $99 bucks, I'd have a REALLY cool toy for Christmas! If I'd said "Honey I want that (TP) for Christmas, she would buy it for me, but pay way more than she should.....so I saved her money!!"
    ahhh so you were being considerate - in that case - hope you get it for your b-day, and you too can experience the difficulties of logging into this very site on the TP. ;-) whenever you do get it, I hope you enjoy it!
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamOWD View Post
    My mother wanted to play the EXACT same game. Literati on Yahoo.com

Unfortunately, the 1st generation Touchpad does not have a Java enabled browser.

No tablet does. This is one more thing that would make the tablet more of a PC than a phone. Hopefully when the Go arrives, they will have this.
    Windows 7 tablets do. I have one, 2x iPad2's, 2xiPad1's and a few Android ones. I use the Touchpad the most of the tablets, I find it as the most versatile.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234