Results 1 to 16 of 16
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By c2q
  • 1 Post By rwhitby
  1.    #1  
    I installed the lastest UberKernel this morning and my temps have moved from just below 30c to 36c. Did I do something wrong? Can I just uninstall from Preware and be back were I was?
  2. #2  
    that's how hot my touchpad got when I installed mine but I decided to uninstall cause it was raising towards 38c
  3. #3  
    Which kernel you guys speaking of? I'm on 3.0.2-52 dated 9/5/11 11:22PM and am not seeing this. If there is a newer one I'm not seeing an update in my preware.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Which kernel you guys speaking of? I'm on 3.0.2-52 dated 9/5/11 11:22PM and am not seeing this. If there is a newer one I'm not seeing an update in my preware.
    That's the one. The Touchpad froze during bootup after it was installed, I think something maybe have been screwy with the installation. How do I go back?
  5. resteasy's Avatar
    Posts
    65 Posts
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    #5  
    need to install the uninstall the kernal, uninstall govnah, install preware kernal reboot. It'll be back to stock.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by drake View Post
    That's the one. The Touchpad froze during bootup after it was installed, I think something maybe have been screwy with the installation. How do I go back?
    Should just be able to uninstall the last kernel to get back. On mine somehow I recently lost the record of installed preware packages making it difficult to remove anything. But I didn't panic, searched and found something called emergency reconstruction utility in preware that rebuild the ipkg status file showing correctly what packages were installed. Anyway, just a bonus FYI.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by resteasy View Post
    need to install the uninstall the kernal, uninstall govnah, install preware kernal reboot. It'll be back to stock.
    otherwise can't we just go into Govnah and switch user profile to "Palm Default?"
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by mk.ultra View Post
    otherwise can't we just go into Govnah and switch user profile to "Palm Default?"
    Sure you can, just make sure you move that profile to the top in govnah as that is the profile used next restart.
  9. c2q
    c2q is offline
    c2q's Avatar
    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    #9  
    Just wondering, whats the stock kernel on the touchpad out of the box? And how do you get that back?
    bbfanatic20 likes this.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by c2q View Post
    Just wondering, whats the stock kernel on the touchpad out of the box? And how do you get that back?
    palm kernel
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Sure you can, just make sure you move that profile to the top in govnah as that is the profile used next restart.
    The position of the profile in the list has no bearing on which profile is used on next restart.

    Select the profile that you want, and it is used on every clean restart.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The position of the profile in the list has no bearing on which profile is used on next restart.

    Select the profile that you want, and it is used on every clean restart.

    -- Rod
    Maybe you're right but that's not what I thought I observed, will have to test it. Thanks.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Maybe you're right but that's not what I thought I observed, will have to test it. Thanks.
    lol test away man.

    rwhitby knows exactly how it works.

    there is no *maybe* in this case
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
    lol test away man.

    rwhitby knows exactly how it works.

    there is no *maybe* in this case
    I didn't say he was wrong, just want to see for myself if that's OK with you,
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Maybe you're right but that's not what I thought I observed, will have to test it. Thanks.
    I wrote it, so I know exactly what it is intended to do.

    But please do test it exhaustively to ensure that my implementation matches my design

    Make sure you don't confuse "correctly and safely reverting to the default Palm profile when you have an unclean crash of the device to prevent a catastrophic reboot loop" with "selecting the first profile in the list".

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    bbfanatic20 likes this.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I wrote it, so I know exactly what it is intended to do.

    But please do test it exhaustively to ensure that my implementation matches my design

    Make sure you don't confuse "correctly and safely reverting to the default Palm profile when you have an unclean crash of the device to prevent a catastrophic reboot loop" with "selecting the first profile in the list".

    -- Rod
    OK, OK, I get it, I'm wrong.

    I am SURE that I've had govnah set on 1.5GHz and then found it back on palmos default setting. Then I read that moving the 1.5 profile to the top would stop that and sure enough it seemed to do so. It seems obvious that I misread what 'corrected' this symptom of the 1.5GHz profile not sticking but I -did- observe the symptom.

    Maybe as you said it wasn't a clean boot. So when I said I was going to test govnah, it wasn't so much to put the app though it's paces as to understand the behavior so maybe it would have been more accurate to say I was looking to train myself than test the app. I'm like a mouse who got cheese going down the maze one way and now expects it to be there when it's really the other way. Now I'm going to shut up before you guys beat on me more,

Posting Permissions