1.    #1  
    When hovering over links that should display a drop down menu, does the TPad currently have any method to displaying this?

Prime example, slickdeals.net Desktop version, hovering "Deals" tab should display Hot Deals, frontpage deals etc but it always just refreshes the page. Holding the button displays the open-in-new-tab options etc.

Any ideas?
    unfortunately we're SOL
    Oddly enough, I can't use the menus here at precentral.......on my desktop.

They don't work on my TouchPad either, but the desktop thing has me scratching my head.
    Can't do it (as far as I know) on the TouchPad. Can be done on the phones though.
    I can't even do it on my Per 2 either.
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    yes you can, just double tap on the link and it will leave up the "hovered" link. (sometimes it zooms in too.)
    Quote Originally Posted by LinT View Post
    yes you can, just double tap on the link and it will leave up the "hovered" link. (sometimes it zooms in too.)
    Cool I will try this when I get home.
    it's not working, any ideas?
    30seconds version: You can comment-out line 298 (3.0.5) in /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/source/Browser.jsjsjs ($followed$ $by$ $restart$ $of$ $your$ $device$) - $remove$ '$return$ $true$' $from$ $openContextMenu$ $function$.
    This is is easiest (not the best though) option ... if you do this then ONHOLD will not only display popup window but also send 'mouse-over' event down to engine - which will emulate hover action.

30minutes version: For proper patch - it would be better to add additional item into popup window - something like 'Hover here' ...
    @devwithoutpower

I tried your suggestion. I removed the "return true;"

from line 298.

It seemed to have no effect whatsoever. Still can't figure out how to get it to "hover"

Yes I rebooted afterwards and yes I went back into the Browser.jsjsjs $file$ $to$ $confirm$ $my$ $changes$ $were$ $actually$ $there$.

Any ideas??
    try holding (tap&hold) on element. some times it is tricky to get it working - but with little effort/trianing I was able to 'hover' on links/images/etc everywhere I tried...even was able to do this without popup window and/or Copy being displayed ... you need to tap&hold&drag to achieve this - but it is not as nice/easy as it could be with proper patch
    @devwithoutpower

Are you sure it was line 298? It had a different effect for me. It made it so that if the browser was running and the touchpad went to sleep. It lit the notification light on the button steady, and would not wake back up. Putting the return true back in line 298 fixed that problem.
    There are a few options to use hover links:

1 - My preferred option is to hold 1 finger on an inactive part of the web page and tap hover link with another finger

Other options will require you to dismiss a menu or inadvertently zoom

2 - Double tap link, this will zoom or display hover depending on timing or accuracy

3 - Tap and hold link, this will bring up 'right click' function and hover link, a single tap elsewhere will dismiss menu and leave hover link.
    Quote Originally Posted by creepingmee View Post
    @devwithoutpower

Are you sure it was line 298? It had a different effect for me. It made it so that if the browser was running and the touchpad went to sleep. It lit the notification light on the button steady, and would not wake back up. Putting the return true back in line 298 fixed that problem.
    I am sure...but are you sure you have 3.0.5 FW?
    Anyway - this is how it should look after patch:
    Code:
            openContextMenu: function(inSender, inEvent, inTapInfo) {
                    if (inTapInfo.isLink || inTapInfo.isImage) {
                            this.$.context.openAtTap(inEvent, inTapInfo);                                                     
                            //return true;                                                                                     
                    }                                                                                                          
            },
    I am sure that I'm on 3.0.5

Perhaps it's the website I'm on? I'm trying it on the drop down menus on the main ebay
    page.

It just selects the top button, I can see the drag down for an instant but it has already selected the top, and is loading the page. The same as before I commented the return true out with //.
    You are right...it is pretty difficult to hover on ebay.com... better patch is needed for sure