Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am having some issues with Pandora streaming stopping when the TP screen turns off. I did some searching but didnt find anything that helps. Is this a kernal issue? I have my TP clocked at 1.5 using Guvnah, but not sure if that changes things.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I thought the TP went to sleep whenever the screen was off. Maybe I am wrong though...would like to know this as well so I can listen to it while doing something else.
    Are you using the Pandora website? Flash will stop when the card is minimized or the screen turns off. Download and use the free Pandora app. It is not a kernel issue.
    From reading other threads and by my own trial and error, audio from websites stops when the screen sleeps. You can use a workaround by manually starting exhibition mode which is what I am doing with grooveshark. Wold love a patch for this though if any dev has the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    Are you using the Pandora website? Flash will stop when the card is minimized or the screen turns off. Download and use the free Pandora app. It is not a kernel issue.
    I play flash music videos on YouTube all the time and when I minimize the card and do something else the music doesn't stop. If flash ceased to operate when minimized wouldn't my music stop as well?
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I have used the Pandora app - as well as Last.fm - straight from the website. In both cases the music keeps playing after the screen has shut off.
    kernel doesn't matter, just how it works. I stream using google music, even with the card minimized it still streams
    Quote Originally Posted by frontloader View Post
    I play flash music videos on YouTube all the time and when I minimize the card and do something else the music doesn't stop. If flash ceased to operate when minimized wouldn't my music stop as well?
    Strange, when I am watching a live stream from ustream, it cuts the feed (video and sound) when I minimize the card or turn the screen off.
  9.    #9  
    ok. App for Pandora continues to okay when screen is off. I am an ***** :-)
    if I leave the touchpad plugged in while listening to last.fm on their website the music will continue when the screen goes off.
    it will stop if my touchpad is unplugged.
    there is a patch to keep video playing when minimized in preware.
    Global Posts
    502 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Flak1969 View Post
    This
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Flak1969 View Post
    Yes, but not if the screen is turned off. I was streaming Sirius this morning and surfing to other pages, but as soon as I turned the screen off the stream stopped.
    Can't remember the name of it and I'm at work but there is a free app in the official catalogue that lets you load a web page in exhibition mode. I've been using this with grooveshark as a kind of workaround. Only problems are that you must remember to pause the audio stream before leaving exhibition mode or the audio keeps playing without any cards being open and of course you cant use the touchpad for anything else at the same time. (but then if you ARE using it the screen wont turn off ! lol)
    There are apps in the catalog for lots of different streaming services in the app catalog. Many of them are mojo apps, but they work just fine.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by shebaswhiskers View Post
    From reading other threads and by my own trial and error, audio from websites stops when the screen sleeps. You can use a workaround by manually starting exhibition mode which is what I am doing with grooveshark. Wold love a patch for this though if any dev has the time.
    I would love for a patch for keeping music streaming going even after the screen is switched off. Unlike android or ISO, webOS unfortunately doesn't have the luxury of having an app to replace streaming off the browser still (e.g. Google music). As stated by others , I currently use exhibition mode with photo slide as a reasonable workaround but it kills battery. If any dev could find a way to make a patch, that would be much appreciated.
    How about nodoze in combination with nightstand for exhibition mode. Does running exhibition mode on a black screen use up much more in battery than streaming music alone?
    Interesting.... My Touchpad is coming soon, so I don't know how they behave. My Pre2, however, does play music when the screen turns off as did my Pre Plus with 1.4.5 and with 2.1.0. Seems there should be a fix.
    when I am playing music using kalemsoft player it stops when touchpad screen turns off. I want to be able to play music even when the screen turns off so that I can save some battery. This issue doesn't occur while I am listening to radio using tune in radio though. Does anyone know how to solve this issue?
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    any resolve or workaround to this? Can't believe no one has figured this out yet. When I stream google music the music stops when my screen turns off. This limits me to leave the screen on for the max (10 minutes) and wake it up everything it goes off. That blows. Maybe I should just put android on this beast...
    Palm Pilot -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Pre -> Touchpad
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast