1.    #1  
    Any recommendations for speakers with a 3.5mm connection to hook up to the touchpad? Preferably good quality and reasonably price - not looking to spend a couple hundred on bose speakers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneelbeforezod View Post
    Any recommendations for speakers with a 3.5mm connection to hook up to the touchpad? Preferably good quality and reasonably price - not looking to spend a couple hundred on bose speakers.
    Funny, that's what I use. Gotta love Christmas presents
    yeah Bose speakers will be the best. I have the portable one with the battery. If you don't want to spend that much, as you said, go for Klipsch speakers. You can find them at Best Buy for around $150. They are meant for computers, but connect with 3.5 jack. So it will work. If still don't want to spend that much, any iPod dock will work. They usually have the aux input option. But I'm an audiophile. Thenlowest I would go would be the klipsch.
  4.    #4  
    thanks for the advice.

how about these i found on amazon - theyre Bose but run about 100.
    Amazon.com: Bose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker system: Electronics
    Bluetooth. No worries about a cable yanking out of your headphone jack.
    Bose are nonsense. Get Klipsch or Grado. Klipsch has a GREAT set of computer speakers you can use. Klipsch completely blows Bose out of the water.
    Also, this Logitech set is AMAZING. Better than any Bose I've ever heard:
    Amazon.com: Logitech THX-Certified Speaker System Z623: Electronics

People who buy Bose are the same people who buy the iPhone and, like the iPhone, Bose are overrated and overpriced. There are so many better options out there.
    Last edited by blue duck butter; 09/11/2011 at 06:14 PM.
    I have two KRK Rokit 5 monitors and a Rokit 10 subwoofer that mine gets played through. :shrug: But I mostly leave my computer plugged in to that and just use the headphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    Bluetooth. No worries about a cable yanking out of your headphone jack.
    Does that have the same audio quality as plugging it in though?
    As a previous Bose speaker owner I can safely say they are not worth buying. If you want speakers tuned to blast bass at you no matter what go with Bose. If you dont enjoy getting a headache from the most out of tune bass ive ever seen in "high quality" consumer speakers get some other brand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew025 View Post
    Does that have the same audio quality as plugging it in though?
    Nope.
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    Bose are nonsense. Get Klipsch or Grado. Klipsch has a GREAT set of computer speakers you can use. Klipsch completely blows Bose out of the water.
    Also, this Logitech set is AMAZING. Better than any Bose I've ever heard:
    Amazon.com: Logitech THX-Certified Speaker System Z623: Electronics

People who buy Bose are the same people who buy the iPhone and, like the iPhone, Bose are overrated and overpriced. There are so many better options out there.
    Nope.

Spot on, exactly spot on.

I would add that if someone likes Bose speakers, then more power to them. But if they want to claim anything the company builds as, "The Best", or "Better than other brands" are just buying into marketing fluff.

There are many great speakers/headphones from a huge variety of manufacturers other than Bose. So if you enjoy your Bose, then keep doing so. But just don't believe everything the Bose Marketing Department throws out there.

Also, looking at Computer centric speakers is a good place to start if you want to hook up through the 3.5mm jack.
    Quote Originally Posted by estebancam View Post
    yeah Bose speakers will be the best. I have the portable one with the battery. If you don't want to spend that much, as you said, go for Klipsch speakers. You can find them at Best Buy for around $150. They are meant for computers, but connect with 3.5 jack. So it will work. If still don't want to spend that much, any iPod dock will work. They usually have the aux input option. But I'm an audiophile. Thenlowest I would go would be the klipsch.
    Read that first sentence. Dude, I thought you were joking and I was like then I kept reading and I realized you were serious, then I was like