Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    The screen on the TouchPad has slightly noticeable electrodes. They're tiny specs in a grid-like fashion. Go ahead and inspect your screen at different angles. You'll see them.

Apple's iPad doesn't have them. I think they managed to make them transparent. Hmmm, Apple thinks of everything...

I noticed there are a few other threads in Pre and Treo areas talking about these grid dots that overlay the screen.

Looking forward to you chiming in...
    I see them on mine but it doesn't bug me.

IMO if it bugs you sell the TP and buy an iPad.
    I noticed those for the first time today, when I was shining my screen up to a nearly perfect mirror quality before applying my invisibleShield .. (which i immediately got a hair stuck on and couldn't remove.. sigh... damn pets.) so, yeah, not really noticeable, especialyl considering i do use my touchpad as a mirror pretty frequently lol
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    cj-m likes this.
    its on all webOS devices, screen protectors help a bit covering those up
    Quote Originally Posted by lovepre100 View Post
    Apple's iPad doesn't have them. I think they managed to make them transparent. Hmmm, Apple thinks of everything...
    Yeah, they thought of everything:

iPad 2 Display Problems Surface, Test Your Screen for Defects | The iPad Guide

I'll take some barely noticeable tiny dots on my beautiful screen anyday.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lovepre100 View Post

Apple doesn't actually make the screen ya know.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Not going to even look. I have not noticed yet and see no reason to try..
    At the end of the day its the display that matters and the touchpad is superb.
    Why is it threads about the digitizer come up like this from time to time? It's on all webOS devices and would only be bothersome to those who know how to make diamonds from coal. You can't see the digitizer during normal use. You only see it when you look at the screen at an angle and with the screen off.
    Global Posts
    957 Global Posts
    TBH, you can only see them in extreme angles with the backlight off. That's the only way that I noticed them. Not sure why it matters when you can't see them when the display is on and used in regular viewing angles.
    The first Thing I noticed when I picked up my touchpad was the dots on the screen. At first I thought I got a defective screen, but after inspecting my friends touchpad I realised that I was in fact wrong. If I paid full price for the device I would have likely returned it because of this, but I really can't complain considering the device was only $99.
    I can see them on my Pre+! It's kinda cool really. Seeing the innards, so to speak!!!

I bet it looks cool on the TP!
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    They're only noticeable in direct light. In such a case I find the GLARE more distracting than the dots, lol, and never use it in such lighting. I'd wonder at people who do...
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileBill23 View Post
    Yeah, they thought of everything:

iPad 2 Display Problems Surface, Test Your Screen for Defects | The iPad Guide

I'll take some barely noticeable tiny dots on my beautiful screen anyday.
    Why the pic of backlight bleeding? I have it too, to the same degree.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    <<threads merged>>
    excuse me if if this is the wrong place... but if you don't mind my asking, since when did you become a moderator? =p
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

why do HP Touchpad screens have rows of tiny dots,
    but Apple iPad screens don't have them?

I thought they both use the exact same screen, no?
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    What you're seeing is the digitizer or touch layer, not the actual LCD. It's a layer that sits on top of the LCD. They probably use different digitizer types.

http://www.ehow.com/about_5408831_to...igitizer_.html
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    the iPad 2 has them as well, depends on the lighting conditions usually.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    I'd heard that they use the same screens as well, but when I looked for more definitive info all I could find was articles saying that the size/resolution/IPS were the same.

We've already had a thread about this, those dots are apparently what makes the capacitive touchscreen work, and you can only see them if you try really, really, really hard.

Also, the iPad screens have their problems.
    <<threads merged>>
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast