Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree9Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Just have to add, you *might* have to remove the additional launcher tabs too (if you are running them). Since it is not a "patch" but a linux program, I am not sure if it's AUPT compatible.
    I personally forgot to uninstall the 'additional launcher tabs' app when the 3.0.2 update arrived and I had no problems at all. In fact now even after doctoring i have the additional tabs by default without even installing the linux program.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Anyone with an update in Europe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    I personally forgot to uninstall the 'additional launcher tabs' app when the 3.0.2 update arrived and I had no problems at all. In fact now even after doctoring i have the additional tabs by default without even installing the linux program.
    I might have too I forget any more
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I've been holding off on modding my TP with preware patches, etc for this very reason. Lets hope an update does indeed come soon.
    Community manager for webOS says "3.0.3 is not released."

https://developer.palm.com/distribut...p?f=90&t=17574
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crucialcolin View Post
    I've been holding off on modding my TP with preware patches, etc for this very reason. Lets hope an update does indeed
    come soon.
    Preware isn't as drastic as say jailbreaking or rooting. Most likely you won't have to worry about updates causing any issues except patches stop working, which usually are fixed with 24 - 48 hrs. Wouldn't worry too much my friend. PC / Homebrew / webOS Internals have fairly covered as I'm sure a # of then get early dev access & know what it on tap b4 pubic release. Throw that baby in in Dev Mode, slap some Preware on it & be amazed at the improvements kindly bestowed on us by the best HB communnity hands down.
    I spent the morning on the Phone with someone at HP and he told me that there would be more releases of the WebOS but not when. I specifically asked him about 3.0.3 and 3.0.4. He was a Tech level high enough to give me a case number. He said HP would continue to support WebOS but the only thing they would not do is build any more hardware. I told him I bought it to read eBooks and PDF's and was amazed how people said there was not much to offer in that department in a tablet and he said they were upgrading that all the time. FWIW.
    Sounds like someone towing the company line.

The breakdown in logic here, however, is obvious. Unless HP finds someone to license or buy it, they won't support the software forever. I would imagine consumer updates to the software would wind down inside of 6 months or less and certainly there would be no incentive to continue with anything once the bulk of warranties run out.

Hopefully HTC will swoop in...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    yup, have had this "issue"(not really and issue to me) too on my phone(page wrapping too) as well as on my touchpad, for some reason its presistent, and when i re-ran the add additional tabs patch/program had no errors on install, so preware doesnt even see it, it also doesnt didnt add anymore tabs though.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123