Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By jedinat
  • 1 Post By ceejay83
  1.    #1  
    I knew I should have left the plastic on..I left it on as long as I could but once I touched the TP with my bare fingers it felt so much more nice and fluid!

Now I was just inspecting my tp and polishing it and I noticed a good 3-4 specs of dust under the screen. Im not happy..but what can you do? Meh

P.s. whats that little red sensor in the corner by the vol and power buttons?
    put a screen protector on!
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    I'm 99% sure that's the light sensor to help it determine the auto-dim.
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
    That sensor is the light sensor - it adjusts screen brightness based on the ambient lighting. It was giving a lot of us trouble, so we've turned it off.

I don't think a screen protector helps for dust under the screen. But are you sure it's under the screen? I've noticed that my screen attracts some stubborn 'dust' that doesn't like to move/come off when I wipe it. Enough effort though, and I can get the screen completely clean.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by limitbreak View Post
    put a screen protector on!
    Until dust discovers away to move through a screen, I don't think that would help.
    Tikerz, DRFP and WinstonSmith like this.
    i made a thread regarding this also. i have a small speck of dust near the home button. i tried sucking it out using a vacuum hose to the sides of the bezel, speakers, and usb port but that didn't do anything
    Tikerz likes this.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    I've never heard of this... Dust gets into the case and under the screen itself? Is it common?
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
    Quote Originally Posted by bable View Post
    I've never heard of this... Dust gets into the case and under the screen itself? Is it common?
    its common for all electronics
    Quote Originally Posted by ceejay View Post
    i made a thread regarding this also. i have a small speck of dust near the home button. i tried sucking it out using a vacuum hose to the sides of the bezel, speakers, and usb port but that didn't do anything
    Lol I've never thought of trying that.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    It may also not be dust. The screen on the TouchPad has slightly noticeable electrodes. They're tiny specs in a grid-like fashion. Go ahead and inspect your screen at different angles. You'll see them.

Apple's iPad doesn't have them. I think they managed to make them transparent. Hmmm, Apple thinks of everything...
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Lol this is th funniest thing I've read here!
    LCD or LED screens are layered sealed there is no way dust could enter the screen after manufacturing. I have been owning/ fooling/ repairing laptops since the beginning.

Why are you all so desperate to find something wrong with the Touchpad?

carefully use plain water by a damp cloth and magically the stubborn specs are gone.

dirt under top layer
    if separation happened
    during manufacturing
    neither are normal

So it begins..…lol
    Last edited by drfp; 09/11/2011 at 07:58 AM.
    I'm not here to criticize the Touchpad but to learn how to make it better.
    Quote Originally Posted by drfp View Post
    Lol this is th funniest thing I've read here!
    LCD or LED screens are layered sealed there is no way dust could enter the screen after manufacturing. I have been owning/ fooling/ repairing laptops since the beginning.

Why are you all so desperate to find something wrong with the Touchpad?

carefully use plain water by a damp cloth and magically the stubborn specs are gone.

dirt under top layer
    if separation happened
    during manufacturing
    neither are normal

So it begins.....lol
    You have to be joking. You really think people are making this up? You've really never seen this happen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew025 View Post
    You have to be joking. You really think people are making this up? You've really never seen this happen?
    You have to read his post carefully - he didn't say it couldn't happen, he's disputing that it happened after the TouchPad was opened by the OP and the plastic wrapping was removed.

More than likely, the dust was introduced during manufacturing of that particular device, and the OP just didn't notice it until later.

Let's face it - the more unbelievable item here is that the plastic wrap would have prevented dust from entering in the first place. Also, since the OP hasn't been back to report, it could be that the dust is actually on the surface as I noted before.
    I inspected the screen when I first got it for imperfections and it was fine. Couple weeks later I noticed a speck of dust under the screen.
    What the issue is, its not under the SCREEN, it's between the clear cover and the LCD display. So it is blocking the view of the screen, and impossible to remove.

That is what most people refer to as "dust under the screen."

It's a common super annoying problem w/ most handheld electronics. I don't have any in my TP. Yet.
    I just discovered 2 specks of dust in my other touchpad. Screen was dust free when I first got it