Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I had some bookmarks on my TP and I went crazy today and added about 10 more, now the older ones seem to be gone. Are there only so many bookmarks that can be added to the TP? How many?

Thanks.
    I'm not entirely sure about webOS 3.0, but in earlier versions the stock browser was limited to displaying 12 bookmarks. The others were still there, just not visible. There was a patch that allowed something like up to 100 bookmarks to be displayed.

Again, not sure about the TouchPad browser since HP made a lot of changes when re-writing webOS for 3.0 but it sounds like the display of bookmarks is limited, meaning your others are around somewhere.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kat.hayes View Post
    I had some bookmarks on my TP and I went crazy today and added about 10 more, now the older ones seem to be gone. Are there only so many bookmarks that can be added to the TP? How many?

Thanks.
    This happened to me as well. My old bookmarks reappeared after closing the browser, then opening it again. Or perhaps it was after a restart. Regardless, I don't think there is a low limit, if any.
    Quote Originally Posted by flight View Post
    This happened to me as well. My old bookmarks reappeared after closing the browser, then opening it again. Or perhaps it was after a restart. Regardless, I don't think there is a low limit, if any.
    It would have been helpful if she said how many bookmarks she had. I counted mine after posting and have 16, so my theory about the 12-bookmark limit holdover from webOS 1.x days is out. I also couldn't find any real info on any bookmark limitations.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileBill23 View Post
    It would have been helpful if she said how many bookmarks she had. I counted mine after posting and have 16, so my theory about the 12-bookmark limit holdover from webOS 1.x days is out. I also couldn't find any real info on any bookmark limitations.
    For reference, I have 27. The issue occurred at 12 or so, prompting my initial belief of a bookmark-limit. But after closing the app and opening it again, my old bookmarks reappeared. I have not encountered the issue since.
    Quote Originally Posted by flight View Post
    For reference, I have 27. The issue occurred at 12 or so, prompting my initial belief of a bookmark-limit. But after closing the app and opening it again, my old bookmarks reappeared. I have not encountered the issue since.
    Right, so it sounds like a little bug with the bookmarks, rather than a limitation in the browser itself. Hopefully the OP has all their bookmarks return after a close/re-open or at worst a reboot.
    Quote Originally Posted by kat.hayes View Post

Thanks.
    Is there an App available to save unlimited/whatever bookmarks? I couldn't find in the App store.
    Thanks