Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    A bird in a tree told me there's a DropBox streaming music player in the works....no ETA, so don't ask, but as I said.....in the works.
    I much prefer Dropbox/ify, box.net are too "read the fineprint" for my liking.
    Guys get it over, box.net is for business users and they made promises that they cannot keep without crippling. It is not even secure by default(need business account)m any sane person would not use box.net except when usb, wireless or other options fail. It is also "Slow" so I doubt that it can stream anythign.

I use Wuala for sync it is secure and well dsitributed, no TP client but I can use the online links.

If you want secure connection and storage there is only one way which is use SSH+Unison+encrypted folders.

I am not sure if there is sshfs for TP but if there is you can use it to mount you distant ssh server and stream like nobody else`s business. Mp3 files should stream fine on a decent connection.

The other option is to use a media server for streaming as well. I use Ampache and Sockso which works well with TP browser.
    OK - I am new to all of this - but I am an avid Amazon shopper - and I know I have a Cloud something or other that I have never used - Could I use something like this to stream music and videos on the TP?
    Not being able to automatically sync kinda sucks the fun out of box.net
    Quote Originally Posted by nunjabusiness View Post
    My point is, I have been involved in US corporate business for more than 35 years and have never seen a document/spreadsheet/presentation that big. In fact, I have yet to see any business-centric marketing info on the TP so why would box.net make that kind of deal for tablets like this?

The only realistic reason for that size file in this context is video.

And then, in order to use it, you would have to completely download it. How long do you think that takes? My time is billed out at $150/hour - do you really think anyone wants to pay someone to sit around and wait while they download the file(s)?

IMO, the bottom line is - not enough for media use and a bad fit for business use.
    I 100% agree with your assessment. I'm not even quite sure what to use box.net for since it's really not secure enough for anything personal or business so basically sharing public domain type stuff with others. Guess it's nice to have. It's limited but hey it was free right?

Amazing how many folks lately complaining about free stuff not meeting often unrealistic expectations. This box.net thing, promo codes folks didn't get in on, etc. And so much hate for HP every time some little thing fails to meet expectations.

Hah, now that I've spouted off line this watch me have some issue with mine, would serve me right I guess. But really if someone has a legitimate issue it should be made right. And or course folks not having the issue shouldn't pile on in an attempt to get something free, as I've seen some state they intend to do. But that's an ethical decision one has to make, as you could probably get away with it since HP seems to be trying very hard to help folks out. At least to a point after which HP will probably draw a line and make things harder on the folks with legitimate problems.

OK, stepping down off soap box, and hoping I don't have a touchpad problem right away that everyone mocks me about,
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    A bird in a tree told me there's a DropBox streaming music player in the works....no ETA, so don't ask, but as I said.....in the works.
    The dev posted a link and how to for it in one of the forums here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchkeeper View Post
    OK - I am new to all of this - but I am an avid Amazon shopper - and I know I have a Cloud something or other that I have never used - Could I use something like this to stream music and videos on the TP?
    yes works nicely, so does google music and grooveshark
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12