1.    #1  
    Hi all,

FYI. See link.

take care,

Jay

Buying a $99 HP TouchPad: One Person's Quest
    In the end, buying a $99 TouchPad is not as easy as you might think.
    By Melissa J. Perenson, PCWorld Aug 22, 2011 9:30 pm

Buying a $99 HP TouchPad: One Person's Quest | PCWorld

At the right price, anything and everything will sell. Just look at the rush on HP TouchPads this weekend. HP instructed retailers to lower the price on the TouchPad to $99.99 for the 16GB model, and $149.99 for the 32GB. And at those prices, the slow, cumbersome, and doomed tablet suddenly looked like the cream of the crop. Shoppers came out in droves, snapping up existing online and physical store inventories.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    It's definitely a quest trying to score a TouchPad. I went on vacation the weekend the firesale started. I woke up early on that Sat. to try to score one from Best Buy to find out they wern't honoring the price drop. I go to PC Richards a block away, but I got there an hour too late, they were all gone within minute of the store opening. I then go to Staples, & they weren't honoring the price drop. Needless to say, i was ticked off when I found out Best Buy & Staples decided to drop their prices later that evening.

I was finally able to score one through QVC last night. As long as they didn't over sell or anything, I should be good to go. It's been a mission trying to score one of these things since the firesale. I'm looking forward to finally being able to use webOS on the big screen.
  3.    #3  
    Hi all,

I'm lucky...I don't want one or any tablet computer....I have 2 laptops and a desktop anytime I need one...my fiancee has a netbook and a desktop we have to find a home for and I just got her a Kindle so she had read to her heart's content while she recovers for up to 3 months from foot/leg surgery...

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Ive always wanted a tablet but never wanted to spend $400+ for one as I didnt know what I would do with it. NOW, I have a $99 TP and use it ALL the time.. even tethered to my cell phone. basically INSTANT START and fast when overclocked and the patches put onto it...