1.    #1  
    Hi all,

Just another reminder how Leo ruined Palm, webOS and HP. See link.

take care,

Jay

Final HP TouchPad firesale units sell at hot potato prices as era ends
    September 10, 2011 Beatweek

by Timmy Falcon

Final HP TouchPad firesale units sell at hot potato prices as era ends : Beatweek Magazine

Those who had no interest in the HP TouchPad while it was still alive but now feel compelled to take a shot at acquiring one post mortem will get one last shot thanks to online auctioneer uBid. Even as Hewlett Packard promised to deliver a few more units of the discontinued product to market only to mysteriously conjure up a six to eight week ship time which means the units will likely never be delivered, uBid has its hands on eighty TouchPad units right now. The catch: while HP was blowing out stray units at $99 apiece, uBid is asking $235 as a starting bid (update: $245), with the highest bid at four hundred dollars. Thatís a problem, as most of the current interest in the TouchPad is based solely on the potential to acquire one for ridiculously less than what it cost HP to build it.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi all,

Just another reminder how Leo ruined Palm, webOS and HP. See link.

I agree that HP ruined webOS/Palm...

However.... if HP never bought Palm, would the Touchpad have been made in the
    first place? I think Palm would have only produced something like Blackberry's
    Playbook at best...
    ubid is a joke.
    The phrase "shill bidders" comes to mind.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by roundruler View Post
    I agree that HP ruined webOS/Palm...

However.... if HP never bought Palm, would the Touchpad have been made in the
    first place? I think Palm would have only produced something like Blackberry's
    Playbook at best...
    Hi all

A number of other firms wanted webOS and palm's patent portfolio...I'm sure there would have been a pad made by who ever bought Palm/webOS...however I think any one of the bidders would have done better than HP...

I believe that HTC & Samsung were at one point interested...however I would have to look it up and why bother...that ship sales over a year ago and just sank...sadly Captain Leo didn't go down with the ship....(perhaps not yet at least)!

take care,

jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi all

A number of other firms wanted webOS and palm's patent portfolio...I'm sure there would have been a pad made by who ever bought Palm/webOS...however I think any one of the bidders would have done better than HP...

but only HP is crazy enough to get rid of all the tablets at $99.

the only other entity that pulled of such a great/crazy deal is the United States government.
    remember "CASH FOR CLUNKERS" program? they burned about 3 billion dollars for
    a program that was questionable. (not that I'm complaining.. I qualified and received
    $4500 for my clunkers... towards a car that I was going to buy anyway )
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by roundruler View Post
    but only HP is crazy enough to get rid of all the tablets at $99.
    Hi all,

It truly make me wonder how secure Leo's job is.... I know he was able to seat 4 friends on the board...however Wall street has pounded HPQ for weeks over this....Mark Hurd wanted webOS to be the catalyst for new innovation from stem to stern at HP...instead Leo is dismantling HP and thus destroying any chance of innovation!

Mark Hurd's wife should go to welding classes....to make sure his zipper stays shut...LOL...but he did have a great idea in buying webOS...

Take care,

Jay