Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By blinktreo
  1.    #1  
    For my birthday, my mother in law bought me a touchstone & keyboard for my Touchpad. It was a little bittersweet, since the Touchpad is now obsolete tech. But holy smokes, the keyboard and charger really add to my enjoyment of the tab.

Till now, I've been using my Touchpad as a portable web terminal, music player and game device. Today I opened up QuickOffice and started writing technical documentation for one of the projects I'm working on. The keyboard is tight, accurate, and all kinds of awesome. When I go out on smoke breaks, I come back to an Exhibition mode Facebook collage, and can quickly tap out responses to folks' posts.

Really - if someone cooks up a remote desktop app, I wouldn't even need to use my laptop. And I know there are homebrew folks on that task..

Sure it's discontinued tech. That doesn't mean it's stopped working. Just a great tablet and accessories. Now I just hope I can score another two for my wife and son before production finally stops.
    Sukiyaki and cobrakon like this.
    I'm hoping to get my Touchstone today via USPS. If not today then Monday... but I really hope today

Try using SuperNES in Stretched Landscape mode with no controller overlay and the Keyboard as a controller. Should work well with the Touchstone.
    splashtop remote desktop should be coming soon for webOS , not sure how long but they have a signup sheet avail.
    The Touchstone is the best accessory for the Touchpad and the keyboard works great as well, I use mine even on my Ipad....
    Quote Originally Posted by cord View Post
    The Touchstone is the best accessory for the Touchpad and the keyboard works great as well, I use mine even on my Ipad....
    I thought HP locked the keyboard down to the touchpad only.
    i love using a bluetooth keyboard with the touchstone. i use my motorola atrix bluetooth keyboard and it works great. only thing missing are the media shortcut keys but i could live without those.
    I thought about grabbing both of the above mentioned items though I simply couldn't see myself using it. Other than documents, what else are you guys using the them for other than induction charging and hardware key inputs. I'll still on the fence.
    Quote Originally Posted by EP2011 View Post
    I thought HP locked the keyboard down to the touchpad only.

it works fine with the ipad2 to some extent but I just ordered one fir the iPad specifically on ebay
    Quote Originally Posted by zefyx View Post
    I thought about grabbing both of the above mentioned items though I simply couldn't see myself using it. Other than documents, what else are you guys using the them for other than induction charging and hardware key inputs. I'll still on the fence.
    you can use a bluetooth keyboard to play games in scummvm. only downsides are that the arrow and function keys dont work. im guessing its because its based on the on screen keyboard which doesnt have those keys.
    Well I got my Touchstone today. A little awkward with the case. The flap gets in the way a little bit and it seems like my Touchpad may slip off of it if I don't have it at the perfect angle. Still nice to charge it without putting the USB in. Also not charging upside down or right-landscape, probably normal though.
    Quote Originally Posted by robotech1985 View Post
    splashtop remote desktop should be coming soon for webOS , not sure how long but they have a signup sheet avail.
    Splashtop Signup Page here:

Splashtop - You asked for it! We listened!
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Link2999 View Post
    Well I got my Touchstone today. A little awkward with the case. The flap gets in the way a little bit and it seems like my Touchpad may slip off of it if I don't have it at the perfect angle. Still nice to charge it without putting the USB in. Also not charging upside down or right-landscape, probably normal though.
    Huh. That's weird. I did have to fuss with it a bit to figure out the best charging orientation, but my dock works like a charm.
    Quote Originally Posted by blinktreo View Post
    For my birthday, my mother in law bought me a touchstone & keyboard for my Touchpad. It was a little bittersweet, since the Touchpad is now obsolete tech. But holy smokes, the keyboard and charger really add to my enjoyment of the tab.

Till now, I've been using my Touchpad as a portable web terminal, music player and game device. Today I opened up QuickOffice and started writing technical documentation for one of the projects I'm working on. The keyboard is tight, accurate, and all kinds of awesome. When I go out on smoke breaks, I come back to an Exhibition mode Facebook collage, and can quickly tap out responses to folks' posts.

Really - if someone cooks up a remote desktop app, I wouldn't even need to use my laptop. And I know there are homebrew folks on that task..

Sure it's discontinued tech. That doesn't mean it's stopped working. Just a great tablet and accessories. Now I just hope I can score another two for my wife and son before production finally stops.
    Hello, I just recently purchased a Touchpad. It's a great device!
    I do a lot of IT support and was also hoping for a native RDP client.
    I did find a solution that works, although not an App.
    There is a service called RDM+. You load an agent on your remote desktop and use your WebOS browser to connect over the RDM+ site(rdmplus.com). The agent running on your pc creates a tunnel over the Internet to RDP+'s hosted site, you connect via your browser to their site establishing the tunnel to your remote pc. The service works really well.
    The service is a one time fee of $29.95 or $4.95/month. If you have the HP BT keyboard it should work remotely. The WebOS keyboard doesn't detect the remote pc text fields. The way I found around this issue was to install a Virtual Keyboard program on the remote pc.
    This has allowed me to not use my laptop so much in favor of the Touchpad.

Cheers,

datawalker
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Yep I love the combination of touchstone and keyboard. It rocks.

Sometimes I don't like putting my grubby fingers on the screen so kb is good, and the touchstone can be adjusted for all angles. Sometimes I have it near flat if I have it on low coffee table etc.

Waiting for Piscel Office now because QuickOffice is severely limited even with edit capabilities.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums