Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112
Like Tree84Likes
    Funny...I thought the "people of Wallyworld" App was worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by muyoso View Post
    HP just axed like almost all of their WebOS staff. WebOS is dead. I know everyone wants it to live on, but just let it go. HP slaughtered it and will probably use its remains for some printer OS or something stupid. No developers are going to switch to whatever HP is scheming up, if in fact they are scheming up anything, because no developer on Android or iOS cares if their apps run on WebOS. Its a dead platform unless HP does a COMPLETE about face and does something drastic, soon.
    You might just want to check your facts:

https://developer.palm.com/distribut...hp?f=5&t=18341

A partial quote for the lazy:
    ... What I can say is that Developer Relations was not affected, and neither was the software engineering team. We're continuing to work on the next release of webOS and with you on your apps. ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    You might just want to check your facts:

https://developer.palm.com/distribut...hp?f=5&t=18341

A partial quote for the lazy:
    Sure, if you believe anything HP says. Remember when they were building 200k more touchpads for you to buy and their customer relations were tweeting:

Twitter

and

Twitter

and then HP posted this:

HP Communities - More TouchPads on the Way - HP Communities

Then remember how they said "lol, just joking" and decided to sell them all to employees:
    HP Employees Get One Last Chance at TouchPad Fire Sale | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

Remember how they had you sign up to be notified of more touchpads by giving them your email address at this URL:HP webOS - High connectivity, stability and security | HP® Official Site | U.S.

So basically they just phished for a bunch of email addresses. I trust nothing from HP right now. It makes no sense to me that they start laying off employees and will continue to support a product that they just publicly executed. I may be wrong, but I am CERTAINLY not going to trust HP at their word, after they have proven to me they are not only incompetent but also liars.
    jjchow245 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by muyoso View Post
    Sure, if you believe anything HP says. Remember when they were building 200k more touchpads for you to buy and their customer relations were tweeting:

Twitter

and

Twitter

and then HP posted this:

HP Communities - More TouchPads on the Way - HP Communities

Then remember how they said "lol, just joking" and decided to sell them all to employees:
    HP Employees Get One Last Chance at TouchPad Fire Sale | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

Remember how they had you sign up to be notified of more touchpads by giving them your email address at this URL:HP webOS - High connectivity, stability and security | HP® Official Site | U.S.

So basically they just phished for a bunch of email addresses. I trust nothing from HP right now. It makes no sense to me that they start laying off employees and will continue to support a product that they just publicly executed. I may be wrong, but I am CERTAINLY not going to trust HP at their word, after they have proven to me they are not only incompetent but also liars.
    Yes, I do. Chuq, the head of developer relations, has never been anything but honest with the developer community. If he's allowed to say it, he says it. If he isn't allowed to comment on something, he says so. If he says the Developer Relations and the webOS development team were not affected, then I believe him.
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    I don't use check books but mint is a great financial tracker. That's one of my favorite apps. It pulls all your accounts.
    https://www.mint.com/how-it-works/anywhere/android/
    Up for this!!

There is some chance to create a Mint.com app?

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    While there are a lot of useless apps out there. Essential your tablet is what apps it has on it. If it doesn't have the apps you need it's useless!
    Up for this!!

There is some chance to create a Mint.com app?

Best Regards...
    mint does not have a public API so about the best we could manage is something that scrapes the html. Not a terribly difficult thing to do conceptually but the mint pages are extremely complex, and I haven't even met a webn browser thathandles their site perfectly. Their competitor yodlee apparently has a pretty decent API but they don't support any of my accounts.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    "WebOS? What's that... oh, yes, that's that really cool operating system that HP killed back in '11. I read about that recently on my iPad..."

<Conversation overheard at lunch about a year from now...>

I loved WebOS as much as anybody, but it really is time to let it go.
    Absolutely. Time to let go what works fine for me and switch over to what doesn't.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112