Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By finecismad
  1.    #1  
    hey have a odd request. i use a laptop to tune my car and datalog but i do have a nice option to view a digital setup of gauges that i typically leave on when im driving the car. thing is, its on my laptop and its not the safest to keep on looking onto my passenger seat while going down the highway lol

wondering if there is a way that i can only just view a copy of whats on my laptop screen onto my tablet that i can easily mount in viewing area.

from what i have seen there is no remote desktop setups now and im not even sure how i would have the laptop and tablet communicate with eachother while driving down the road but i figure id ask!

thanks
    matt
    this is easily done on android so worst case wait for that port and use splash desktop
    Splashtop Remote Desktop app will be available for the Touchpad soon.
    Dis and sledge007 like this.
    teamviewer web login works nicely
    Quote Originally Posted by heino View Post
    teamviewer web login works nicely
    hi, how do you get teamviewer to work from your touchpad. I use it all the time from my windows laptop to control my home pc [windows 7]. Instructions would be greatly appreciated. Cheers don..
    hi, how do you get teamviewer to work from your touchpad. I use it all the time from my windows laptop to control my home pc . Instructions would be greatly appreciated. Cheers don..
    create an account on teamviewer.com, add your pc id, login and you are good to go.
    you need to open the screen keyboard to type (on the pc).
    the most convenient solution now is splashtop hd since it uses the keyboard of the touchpad and you can access ctrl, esc, alt buttons and use them together with the mouse.
    if you just need to view you can always do a RTSP stream of your desktop using VLC and point your Touchpad to it in the web browser. only issue is they both need to be on the same network. so you will need to turn your laptop into ad-hoc network. so your TP can connect to it. From my testing there is a few sec time delay but might have been my settings.
    Splashtop is out

Sent from that Nexus S 4G via Tapatalk