Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1.    #1  
    I think maybe people here interest in buying one. Just go to eBay.com and search it.

The price is $425. Quite reasonable if firesale never happen & HP not ditch its webOS devices.

I wonder how the seller have their stock.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    low supply + high demand = $425 . . . AWESOME!
    grappler likes this.
    "A fool and his money are soon parted"
    sent from my 32gb Touchpad
    whatever the market will bear...

also, it looks like it's the cheapest b.i.n panda on u.s. ebay (as of this post).
    Quote Originally Posted by J0E View Post
    No one wants your touchpads at a 425% markup.
    Funny, because I see people paying 350 for the regular 16gb SKU all the time. That seems to be the price the market is willing to pay for a TouchPad on average. 425 for a 64gb wifi variant seems OK.
    PrinceAlbert likes this.
  6.    #6  
    I think TouchPad 64GB Panda for $425 is fair pric. Personally I won't buy it even very tempted. Lots of 32GB on eBay sell at USD300-350.
    hmm I dint see it for 425 anyone have a link
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    I think TouchPad 64GB Panda for $425 is fair pric. Personally I won't buy it even very tempted. Lots of 32GB on eBay sell at USD300-350.
    I don't think the three posters above have any idea what a Panda TouchPad even is, but hey, hate away, dudes.
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    I don't think the three posters above have any idea what a Panda TouchPad even is, but hey, hate away, dudes.
    so how about you explain it? I have no idea what it is either.
    This site also has the white 64gb TouchPad for $425:
    https://www.nycomputerexchange.com/products/?id=236928

I can see why it demands more, being that it's a rare tablet, but it's also a discontinued tablet. The most I would probably pay is the $250 that Cost Central sold them for.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    This site also has the white 64gb TouchPad for $425:
    https://www.nycomputerexchange.com/products/?id=236928

I can see why it demands more, being that it's a rare tablet, but it's also a discontinued tablet. The most I would probably pay is the $250 that Cost Central sold them for.
    That was exactly what I thought. It is rare but yet discontinued. Buy it at high price really not worth even I'm webOS fans. But surely this isn't a problem for wealthy people. This is same case with Pre 3. I found almost all seller ask high price for it. Some wealthy people don't have problem to buy it. But for most people including me still need to think twice before buy it.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    does anyone really believe that a rare and discontinued electronic device is worth a premium?
    Titan078 likes this.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by hey1steve1 View Post
    does anyone really believe that a rare and discontinued electronic device is worth a premium?
    No, but not with WebOS devices. Really surprising yet confusing
    Yes.

Wanna buy my Betamax?
    I see pandas.
    Ask me in a hundred years!
    Forgive me for saying the following...

Let me put it as bluntly as I can. Anyone who buys a Touchpad
    at $425 is an *****. Even if it has 64GB of memory and 3G(or is it 4G?)
    The clear exception to this is someone who is a loyal webOS
    supporter and can't live with anything but a webOS tablet.

I suppose the bigger ***** might be someone who paid $800
    for a new iPad 2, 64GB, 3G. Oh wait... that was me, three
    monthsago.
    Last edited by roundruler; 09/10/2011 at 02:12 PM.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    The Panda doesn't just have 64GB of storage. It also has a GSM radio so it can get 3G data from AT&T, etc, and act as a backup cellphone.
    Depends on the device. I had a Game Genie for the original NES that was extremely rare and discounted due to a lawsuit between Nintendo and Galoob.
    The only thing driving the prices for the TouchPad's is the fact that they are hard to find, and once HP makes this final batch, you won't be able to buy one anymore (unless it's used). Besides the sentimental value the TouchPad has for some (mostly the webOS community), it's not worth much.

Try taking it to a retailer to see if it has any trade-in value

Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    The absolute last thing I think about when buying a computer or cell phone is what some crappy retailer has for it's 'trade-in' value. Actually I don't think about it at all.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast