Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes
    hmm I would love the 64GB white one but don't know if I can swing the 425 right now for it
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkerX View Post
    The absolute last thing I think about when buying a computer or cell phone is what some crappy retailer has for it's 'trade-in' value. Actually I don't think about it at all.

Yeah I know most people don't care what the trade in value is. I just used the trade in value to reflect what the price should be. $99/$149 is the optimal price for a discontinued TouchPad. But $425, even for the 64gb is a bit too high. $200-$250 is probably a more accurate price the 64gb TP should sell for.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    16GB sold out immediately at $99. The are selling like hotcakes resold on ebay for ~$220.

32GB sold out immediately at $150. They are selling on ebay for ~$280.

The Panda has 64GB and a GSM radio! Respectfully, you don't know what the he-double-toothpicks you are talking about.
    the 64GB should have been WiFi only, no cellular
    16GB sold out immediately at $99. The are selling like hotcakes resold on ebay for ~$220.

32GB sold out immediately at $150. They are selling on ebay for ~$280.

The Panda has 64GB and a GSM radio! Respectfully, you don't know what the he-double-toothpicks you are talking about.
    I think you are misunderstanding me. I am not referring to 64GB TouchPad's that are being re-sold on eBay for $400+. I'm talking about retailers that are still selling the 64gb TouchPad for $400+. For example: https://www.nycomputerexchange.com/products/?id=236928

On eBay, yes overpaying is fine when the item is sold out everywhere. But when Cost Central was selling the 64GB TouchPad, it was for $250, not $425. That's what I was referring to when I said a more accurate price for the 64GB is $200-$250.
    The Panda doesn't just have 64GB of storage. It also has a GSM radio so it can get 3G data from AT&T, etc, and act as a backup cellphone.
    Where does it says that it has GSM?
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by karun View Post
    Where does it says that it has GSM?
    Leaked HP presentation hints at faster 64GB TouchPad in August, Pre 3 in fall? -- Engadget
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    Yeah I know most people don't care what the trade in value is. I just used the trade in value to reflect what the price should be.
    So you think the fire sale price is the 'real' price, but their value something only as much as some retailer is willing to give you for a trade-in, and not what they are selling for in the real world by the hundreds per day on ebay. Umm, whatever. <walks away>
    MobileBill23 likes this.
    How do I get the at&t service turned on for my panda touchpad?
    Quote Originally Posted by menteleum View Post
    How do I get the at&t service turned on for my panda touchpad?
    I am not sure the Panda (64GB tPad) has a GSM radio. If it does, you should be able to take pop in any AT&T SIM and have it work with no issues.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    deleted
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    I think you are misunderstanding me. I am not referring to 64GB TouchPad's that are being re-sold on eBay for $400+. I'm talking about retailers that are still selling the 64gb TouchPad for $400+. For example: https://www.nycomputerexchange.com/products/?id=236928

On eBay, yes overpaying is fine when the item is sold out everywhere. But when Cost Central was selling the 64GB TouchPad, it was for $250, not $425. That's what I was referring to when I said a more accurate price for the 64GB is $200-$250.
    That is, of course, wishful thinking. The 200 or so 64GB versions they had at Costcentral for $250 were literally sold out in seconds. And a week later they had some for $370 with an HP case. Again, up and gone in a flash. So it is obvious that people were thinking that those were unbelievable deals and many would be willing to pay much more for it. Hell, they have been selling well on ebay for 500+. Come to think of it, that still is a good deal compared to the competition.
    I have two Touchpads, and am qualified to put the Panda 4G speculation to bed.

One is a White 64GB Panda-pad running the stock processor at 1.5 GHz out of the box.

The other is a Black 3G/4G Touchpad that's also running a stock 1.5Ghz under it's hood. Touchpad 4G's have 32GB of storage space in the trunk.

I can tell you with absolute certainty that the White 64GB Panda Pads do not have a GSM radio inside and there's no way to add one without replacing the main board. Allthough there's likely to be some White backs merged together with black 4G devices by crafty web os community members our parts merged together

The main board inside the Touchpad 4G has a conector for the ribbon cable from the SIM card slot that doesn't exist on it's fair skinned brother. Additionally, the 4G model I have is Voice and SMS crippled. It's modem /phone/data card is only good for data. the flip side is it's at HSPA+ fast transfer rates. Thats no big deal if you have a Pre 3 and can

One other tidbit to note and I don't know if it applies to the non AT&T branded TP 4G's or not, but mine wont make a data connection using a PrePaid AT&T go phone SIM. Only the postpaid AT&T SIM works. I also tested a good2go mobile prepaid SIM card with data screaming along at HSPA+ speeds. T-Mobile USA SIMS also work but only have offer a 2G Edge data connection.
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 09/15/2011 at 06:07 AM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12