1. uk1
    I'm finding it tough to find ways of ejecting Touchpad from my PC even when using view devices via control panel. Touchpad still seems to say "owwwwwww".

Ant suggestions please?

Jeff
    Go to Start > Computer > right click on drive and click Eject.
    thanks lol cause i sure was tired of this thing saying OWWWWW that hurt no matter how i unpluged it
  4. uk1
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Go to Start > Computer > right click on drive and click Eject.
    Thanks - yes tried. To expand.

1. Doesn't work from the desktop tool bar "safely eject hardware and eject media".
    2. Doesn't work from right clicking within "my computer"
    3. Doesn't work from control panel > hardware and sound > devices > eject.

Still says owwwwwwww
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Don't know if this will help you, but I'm presented with 2 eject options in the toolbar:
    Eject WebOS-Device
    --Eject HP TOUCHPAD

I have to select "Eject HP TOUCHPAD" to eject it. Windows won't permit "Eject WebOS-Device" because the novacomm drivers are running.
    Quote Originally Posted by uk1 View Post
    Thanks - yes tried. To expand.

1. Doesn't work from the desktop tool bar "safely eject hardware and eject media".
    2. Doesn't work from right clicking within "my computer"
    3. Doesn't work from control panel > hardware and sound > devices > eject.

Still says owwwwwwww
    the my computer method works. you have to wait until the tp is off the list. then you unplug.
    Would this be similar for another webOS device, like my Pre+? Usually, I have no trouble ejecting my 'usb drive' Pre+ once I'm done. However, the last time I was using it in this mode, I must have been just a few seconds to quick to unplug. The Pre+ had a hickup and had to reboot. I think it was after rebooting that it gave me a message saying I need to eject before disconnecting. I guess I will be more patient next time.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Make sure in Policies the Touchpad is set to "Quick Removal' and not 'Better Performance'- I had trouble Safely Ejecting when the Touchpad was set to the latter, even if I followed all the correct methods.
    what are the ramifications of ignoring it? i havent but im curious. this is the first device ive had that required this in a while.

kind of silly IMO
    HP SMB: TP 32GB Confirmed 8/21 :: Delivered 10/19