1.    #1  
    I upgraded to 3.02, have the necessary patches and oc to 1.5 and the battery level def drops when its in sleep mode with nothing on the desktop, and definitely drops when in sleep mode overnight. By sleep i mean touching the power button just to turnoff the screen. Any tips to stop or slow down the battery loss? Turn off wifi? Is that one? I dont have mail set up and dont plan to. It's like driving a hummer and watching the gas guage drop. Tips appreciated.
    What kind of drop rate are you seeing? 10%/hour or what exactly?

Just for something to compare, I usually have my TouchPad tethered to my Pre- for 10 hours at a time, with BT (for keyboard) on, and still have 10-20%~ at the end of that time. Light browsing, music player going.

Turning off your wifi will save you battery life, no question...not to mention no email alerts at 4AM when you forget to shut off the sounds

Airplane works great for overnight, for me...3-4% gone in 6 hours.
  3.    #3  
    I dont have a percentage but its enough to concern me. What does airplane mode exactly do?

Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    What kind of drop rate are you seeing? 10%/hour or what exactly?

Just for something to compare, I usually have my TouchPad tethered to my Pre- for 10 hours at a time, with BT (for keyboard) on, and still have 10-20%~ at the end of that time. Light browsing, music player going.

Turning off your wifi will save you battery life, no question...not to mention no email alerts at 4AM when you forget to shut off the sounds

Airplane works great for overnight, for me...3-4% gone in 6 hours.
    Your TouchPad will stay on, so you can use it to play games, or local content etc... but will shut down your WiFi without disabling your connection in the Wifi settings, not 100% on whether it kills BT as well, but I'd lean on the yes side. If you use an alarm clock on it, then "theoretically" it would work. There's many from what I've read, that would disagree as the alarm clock doesn't work at all. I wouldn't know personally, I work nights, so daylight, barking dogs, lawnmowers etc, are my alarm clock
    Airplane mode shuts down cellular radios, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS, and leaves the touchpad offline but fully functional. This prevents interference with an airplane navigational system but it also saves on battery life.
    Definitely turn on airplane mode. In fact, unless I'm actively browsing the web, I usually have airplane mode turned on, since it's so easy to do from the menu.
    That way, when I'm reading a book on my TP, or viewing comics, or something that doesn't need internet access, I'm not losing battery life from the WiFi pinging the router, and background processes checking in on whether I've got a tweet, or something equally inane.