Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Ok, we all love our new handy dandy TPs but flash, while it works, can be a bit clunky. I don't get RedZone with my cable provider so its either a laptop on Sunday or my TP to keep up on all games and scores in realtime. I'd like to be able to use gamecenter like functionality (ala Nfl.com/espn.com/etc) but the speed and usage kinda sucks.

Anyone have any thoughts on the most TP friendly sites for the games?
    I am not sure about site friendly, but check out the Sports Live! HD app.
    There's the CBS sports app also, even got update tonight...
    hopefully it will actually have college football scores this weekend!
    I know DIRECTV released an NFL Sunday Ticket app for webOS when the Pre first launched, I don't know if it works with or if there is a dedicated TouchPad app.
    I find cbssports.com and foxsports.com websites to provide the best user experience during gamedays (Saturday and Sunday at this house). Not sure if its my wireless speed (speedtest.com showing speeds from 12-18mbps on the TP) has anything to do with it, but I have zero problems with either site. On the other hand ESPN can be a little clunky on my end.

I always have one of them open for stats and other games that I don't get on cable.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    also check out rivals.com (yahoo sports)

*i have not yet tried this on the touchpad yet though
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    I know DIRECTV released an NFL Sunday Ticket app for webOS when the Pre first launched, I don't know if it works with or if there is a dedicated TouchPad app.
    The Sunday Ticket app was updated for my phone a day or two ago, but I couldn't find a tablet version.

Of course, it only helps if you pay for the Sunday Ticket.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Guess I'm just gonna try everything and see what works. The CBS sports app didn't seem to do anything special when it came to NFL realtime. MLB looked good, but dunno about NFL. Guess we'll see.