Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By thomaz
  • 1 Post By HelloNNNewman
  1.    #1  
    Hi All,
    My friend's touchpad has leak rom,version show 3.0.4.
    I want to upgrade,how to do....?
    i'll take a copy too
    you can't.
    always ask yourself.

why can u back up a 20 year old computer and not a 2011 computer.

something runs absolute wrong in our fukushimaed 911ed bilderberg world
    TPwebOS820 likes this.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    you can't.
    why?
    license or technique?
    Both.
    bevcraw likes this.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    After 3 weeks with Webos, it is clear that it is really a half baked product. While it does MANY things right, it does much very badly. If it had been open source from the beginning, problems would have been identified and addressed by the community, but it was not. We are left with an OS that may or may not see another update and which the community is handcuffed from fixing. Our only real hope is the CM crew gets Android working on it so at least our hardware investment pays off.
    Quote Originally Posted by gjbnh View Post
    After 3 weeks with Webos, it is clear that it is really a half baked product. While it does MANY things right, it does much very badly. If it had been open source from the beginning, problems would have been identified and addressed by the community, but it was not. We are left with an OS that may or may not see another update and which the community is handcuffed from fixing. Our only real hope is the CM crew gets Android working on it so at least our hardware investment pays off.
    You should have seen it a couple of years ago
  9.    #9  
    don't care anything...
    HP has given up touchpad,why not help self...
    come on!
    Ask the guy who helped backing up the 2.1 Pixi, he may like the leaked version as well ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by gjbnh View Post
    Before any of us bought these it was clear that the product just launched in the June/July timeframe and software support was not great and improvements were questionable. We all knew this or should have known (myself included) so not not a surprise. We all took a risk that the HW was worth it and SW support would hopefully get better. From my perspective I still see hope, there have been both some official and homebrew software coming out. Not a lot happens in 3 weeks though, especially for a "firesale" item. I am interested in an android release but still consider that a bit of a long shot. I like WebOS pretty well as it turns out. Hoping for more apps and improvements but time will tell. In the meantime might look at installing Unbuntu on it since that is something that works today, offers added app and in in my control to do not pinning my hopes on some obscure team of hackers to do for me. Don't get me wrong, if an android release comes out that I can dual boot, I'll most likely try it, just seems like a mistake to pin all your hopes on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by thomaz View Post
    always ask yourself.

why can u back up a 20 year old computer and not a 2011 computer.

something runs absolute wrong in our fukushimaed 911ed bilderberg world
    The way I read the question asked by OP is similar to someone asking "my friend got a new PC with Windows 7 preinstalled, how to I get use that to upgrade my PC to Windows 7. Can't do that either. Neither has anything to do with making backups.

If you read the user guide, there is a backup utility is under the "Settings" tab. It backs up your profile to include synergy accounts and apps downloaded from the official app catalog. It will not back up your media files, documents stored on the USB drive, Homebrew apps, or saved application data (position in games, etc.). Plug your Touchpad USB cable into a PC to back up that data, or alternatively sync some of with online accounts.
    Of course, these prerelase versions often come buggy, full with debug information, and are quite slow. So, it should be wise to stick with the release ones, unless this has something VERY good to try out.
    Also, webOS versions that are not supported at the Palm servers are locked out from paid applications and other stuff, as their profile version appears as 9.9.9 on the servers
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    The way I read the question asked by OP is similar to someone asking "my friend got a new PC with Windows 7 preinstalled, how to I get use that to upgrade my PC to Windows 7. Can't do that either. Neither has anything to do with making backups.

If you read the user guide, there is a backup utility is under the "Settings" tab. It backs up your profile to include synergy accounts and apps downloaded from the official app catalog. It will not back up your media files, documents stored on the USB drive, Homebrew apps, or saved application data (position in games, etc.). Plug your Touchpad USB cable into a PC to back up that data, or alternatively sync some of with online accounts.
    Here here. It's piracy which ever way you look at it.

It's cool if it's obtain from a (the) legitimate source. If it's a copy from somewhere (ie from another TP) then that's not cool at all.

texasflood's analogy of Windows is perfectly correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by billyboy View Post
    Here here. It's piracy which ever way you look at it.

It's cool if it's obtain from a (the) legitimate source. If it's a copy from somewhere (ie from another TP) then that's not cool at all.

texasflood's analogy of Windows is perfectly correct.
    It is piracy true but to be honest I was more focused on how impractical the approach is. Even if one could get it to work, I bet there'd be side effects and then many folks would be complaining about HP and the Touchpad as if they didn't cause it themselves. No thank you, there would have to be some really dramatic benefit to make it worth even considering something like that. Personally I'm OK with what I have and can wait for HP to release an upgrade if they are so inclined (and I think they are but just my opinion).