Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    I got a demo Touchpad unit, so I have to activate it through impostah. Is there a way to force it to restore all of my apps and accounts? Something like running the first run app again?
    once you set up your webOS account info it will restore your apps. But only the apps from the app catalogue. Pre ware and apps/patches/tweaks from there will have to be reinstalled.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    If you set your account up in impostah it won't download your apps. That's why I'm wanting to force it
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    anyone
    Once it's set up with your correct profile, you can go to the app catalog and download them again. I just found this out by trying it.

When you search for the app, it will show the price, but when you tap on it for the detail page, it will say "download for free" because it knows you already bought it.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    yeah, I noticed that, but it'd be nice if there is a way to force download them with all of my accounts, settings, favorites, ect...
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ngr31 View Post
    yeah, I noticed that, but it'd be nice if there is a way to force download them with all of my accounts, settings, favorites, ect...
    I just did the following

Tap Device Info then tap Reset Options (in red). Tap Secure Full Erase.

It takes a while but goes to factory reset after this.

You just then go through setup from start and reinstall preware etc.

Make sure you check system update as I am not sure if it goes back to old webos version or not

Then do preware etc again.

Took about 1.5 hours in all.
    It would be nice to have a 'cloning' patch that could back up an image or the TP to a PC, then reinstall from that.