Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes
    I get a download failed message in Internalz -- unable to connect to WebOS Internals server. Any suggestions?
    webOS internals tweeted they are running tests for the next few hours.
    can someone please check the file /etc/palm/browser.conf (not browser-app)
    and post the default values for

MemCacheMinDeadBytes=
    MemCacheMaxDeadBytes=
    MemCacheTotalBytes=
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    It works great...Finally! I've been waiting for this tweak. My TP has been sitting on the side table collecting dust because of this issue.
    Before I do it, I have a couple of questions:

Question#1: if I change my mind, all I have to do is change the values back to the default
    values, right?

Question#2: if someone turns this into a patch in Preware, do I need to undo the changes I
    made before applying that patch? Or, let me put it another way, how will a patch react if the
    it see the value as having been changed already?

Thanks!

(updated)

I made the changes on one of my Touchpads with nearly identical patches/apps installed.

After I changed the Open browser-app.conf values on Touchpad#1, I saved the file.
    Touchpad#2 was untouched. I then cleared the browser cache/history/cookies on
    both. After that, both were device restarted. Touchpad#1 was device restarted by
    selecting "device restart" from the Internalz Pro's drop-down menu on the upper left.

When the Touchpads were back in business, I started the default browser. It's a hit or miss.
    I had both Touchpads side-by-side, sitting next to my Wi-Fi router.

On graphics/flash intensive sites, the untouched Touchpad#2 was slightly faster. I went
    forward/back on many different sites. When I went back, Touchpad#2 was faster. On more
    basic websites(mostly text, such as this one), Touchpad#1 was sometimes faster. My fingers
    touched both Touchpads at the same time, or as close I can possibly can.

My own experience is that the differnce is not that great. Did I miss something? I have
    now opened the /etc/palm/browser-app.conf and verified that the values were changed,
    even after the device start.... I"m going to change it back to the default values and
    try the test again later tonight.
    Last edited by roundruler; 09/13/2011 at 08:10 PM.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by roundruler View Post
    I'm about go in and change those value.

Before I do it, I have a couple of questions:

Question#1: if I change my mind, all I have to do is change the values back to the default
    values, right?

Question#2: if someone turns this into a patch in Preware, do I need to undo the changes I
    made before applying that patch? Or, let me put it another way, how will a patch react if the
    it see the value as having been changed already?

Thanks!
    Yes and possibly, depends on how the patch is made.
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    anyone notice pages load slower now with the latest advanced browser? and some pages get stuck in the middle of loading. anyone else get this?

i changed the values back and changed it back to 0, thinking the update screwed something up. but pages still load slow and get stuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by gotwillk View Post
    anyone notice pages load slower now with the latest advanced browser? and some pages get stuck in the middle of loading. anyone else get this?

i changed the values back and changed it back to 0, thinking the update screwed something up. but pages still load slow and get stuck.
    I keep getting that spinning circle animation a lot. Is that what you're getting?

can someone post the default settings?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaerey View Post
    Default Values for References:

MemCacheMinDeadBytes=1MB
    MemCacheMaxDeadBytes=2MB
    MemCacheTotalBytes=8MB

DiskCacheEnabled=true
    found it
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ceejay View Post
    I keep getting that spinning circle animation a lot. Is that what you're getting?

can someone post the default settings?
    no the loading bar just gets stuck and it doesn't ever finish. sometimes it gets stuck half way, sometimes 3/4 of the way.

tried on multiple pages, engadget.com is one of them. sometimes it'll load properly if i do a refresh.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    so whats the verdict? is it worth it?

i have browser problems with or without the patch, loading gmail for example
    This works a treat. I use the BBC website daily and alway got the spinning icon then reloading. I have since changed the values and its sorted it.
    does it really speeds up the browser? - that would be great!

But one question:
    Private browsing Mode kills the back button - does this patch also kills this function or does the back button still work with the patch?
    I tried it and it didn't seem to speed up my browser and it actually felt slower than the stock settings. I'll check it again when I get home on my wifi network.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    I don't see the etc file, is there something I'm doing wrong?
    HTC Sensation, HP TouchPad, iPod touch 4th generation ...
    Global Posts
    502 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aNYthing24 View Post
    I don't see the etc file, is there something I'm doing wrong?
    etc is a folder. Hit the "..." until you get to the top and it should be there :-)

I just did this and it has increased load speeds. Seems to be a good fix! Thanks OP!
    I had Webpage Constant Reloads for first 6 weeks of TouchPad use when encountering certain JavaScript elements.

Thanks to this Thread I have had none for the past 3 weeks.

Hit the Thanks and Likes some time ago to PainToad and Jason Robitaille, having highlighted this thread to others a few times, I wanted to share the experience on this thread.

Cheers guys!
    agreed, doing this changed the overall experience of the stock browser for the better!

THEN buying the advanced browser transformed the internet experience on the touchpad!
    hello, could it be that this patch affects the browsers behaviour on video streaming sites such as youtube etc.? I`ve got the feeling that buffering is very slow or sometimes doesnt work at all...
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I had issues with asos.com website where it would lock up, no longer. Thanks OP and Jason.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    bldegle2 and chriswillis like this.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast