Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    Made the changes manually (no patch) and it seems to work perfectly.

Is it me or do pages load faster now?

Thanx OP.
    Just installed via the patch and seems like it loads a lot faster, thanks OP
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LeftEyeBlindPR View Post
    Made the changes manually (no patch) and it seems to work perfectly.

Thanx OP.
    I know. Something is wrong with the way this thing caches webpages. If it was truly caching pages they should load instantly. But they don't. And like you said, with the cache disabled, the pages seem to load faster.
    What am I doing wrong! I have Internalz Pro installed. I receive the email with the patch attached. However, when I attempt to download it in gmail it merely gets highlights the yellow "Download" and the copy tab comes up. How do I download it or move it to Internalz to install the patch? Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
    What am I doing wrong! I have Internalz Pro installed. I receive the email with the patch attached. However, when I attempt to download it in gmail it merely gets highlights the yellow "Download" and the copy tab comes up. How do I download it or move it to Internalz to install the patch? Thank you!
    tap and hold on email attachments to get the option to save to downloads folder. You can then open Internalz Pro and go to that file and open it.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    phreon likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeftEyeBlindPR View Post
    My browser is messed up and nothing is working right. I'm so very p****ed off right now, I'm almost ready to toss this TouchPad. Pages are either not loading or taking eons to load.
  7.    #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre2009 View Post
    how do i get it back to default? i use the stock browser to make launcher shortcuts because i can make icons using it, advanced just gives me a moon.
    Change the ids back to how they were :S
  8.    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by eltorero1979 View Post
    hi paintoad,

struggling with step 4 please can you give full details

cheers

Dan
    You click on the file, not sure how to make it clearer sorry.
    I installed the patch and the browser seems to be working great but now I am having issues saving a backup on my touchpad or downloading apps from the app catalog. I keep getting the error no internet connection. I am definitely connected to the internet though since I am browsing the web on it in other cards. Any thoughts?
    Nvm did a reboot and it resolved itself. All is well.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Thanks for the patch. Works a treat
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nang View Post
    Try hitting on "Name" on the left side and it will bring the file browser-app.config to the top order.
    Quote Originally Posted by soyanks View Post
    It's not in the browser folder. Instead of going into that folder, scroll down to the bottom. Below all the folders, you will find the browser-app.conf file
    Quote Originally Posted by funb0b View Post
    I had the same thing happen, all I did was uninstall internalz then re install it and it worked for me.
    Yeah I guess the issue is it's sorted in a weird way. Clicking "name" sorts it by name I assume. I went ahead and uninstalled internalz then reinstalled it, this made the files sort alphabetically. It's still a problem with internalz though, no matter what you're sorting by, you're still missing files at the bottom of the list.
    Yes, I could not find the file either, but the email patch worked great. Thanks
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JirafaBo View Post
    I've got Master Mode on ( I never turn it off, is that bad?) I've navigated to /etc/palm and can't find anything but a browser folder, nothing in the browser folder except hittest.schema and nothing close to browser-app.conf

What am I missing?

Edit. ok I found the file, but only if i scroll past the bottom of the files, it loads new files but they dissappear when i let go of my dragging finger.... weird.
    Yeah had this happen to me too. I figured out a way to get to the bottom though. Somehow you have to get the virtual keyboard out and it'll access the bottom files. Hit one of the ".conf" files and press open, the keyboard will come out. Now menu>close and you'll be able to scroll down.

And Hulu still doesn't work after this change. Maybe I'm missing something?
    Last edited by fxv686; 09/12/2011 at 01:22 AM.
    konitalk likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by PainToad View Post
    Change the ids back to how they were :S
    if i knew what they were i would've done so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre2009 View Post
    if i knew what they were i would've done so.
    yeah...i'd like to find out the original values again. this "workaround" really didn't make a lick of difference for me. pages all seem to hang up on loading even more now, actually.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaerey View Post
    Default Values for References:

MemCacheMinDeadBytes=1MB
    MemCacheMaxDeadBytes=2MB
    MemCacheTotalBytes=8MB

DiskCacheEnabled=true
    Posted on Page 2.
    Had to make the changes manually because the patch just would not install. The browser does seem to be faster.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    cant wait to get this done, already emailed myself the attachment from page 3, will be doing this and doing the new touch patch as well.
    I second the Preware motion. Not sure why it's not in there already.
    brum likes this.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast