Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 132
Like Tree50Likes
  1. #21  
    I just gave it a try and it seems to have corrected the issue- thanks for that.
  2. #22  
    awesome fix! only thing that really bugged me haha
  3. R_E
    R_E is offline
    R_E's Avatar
    Posts
    341 Posts
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    #23  
    can someone pm me whatever was in the original post? I really want to see what the fix was.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by R_E View Post
    can someone pm me whatever was in the original post? I really want to see what the fix was.
    Read the thread. I reposted it.

    As for the mods, no offence, but what are you doing?
  5. #25  
    Oh this blog again. He posted the "Make Advanced Browser Default" fix that didn't appear to work for a lot of people. I think I gave it a go and my paths didn't match his instructions so I shelved it. Anyone ever get that to work?

    For all I know it could be under review for a similar reason, waiting to be tested for inaccuracies/issues. I'm purely speculating and it seems a few have got it to work. Regardless, thanks for sharing!
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by morydees View Post
    Oh this blog again. He posted the "Make Advanced Browser Default" fix that didn't appear to work for a lot of people. I think I gave it a go and my paths didn't match his instructions so I shelved it. Anyone ever get that to work?

    For all I know it could be under review for a similar reason, waiting to be tested for inaccuracies/issues. I'm purely speculating and it seems a few have got it to work. Regardless, thanks for sharing!
    Excuse me but where has there been reports of any of my tweaks not working? There was a typo with path that I fixed almost straight away.

    The reason the OP has been removed is I edited it, and edits need to be approved and mods haven't got around to it yet. So "for all you know"...isn't much at all.

    People like you is why I almost didn't bother sharing my findings/advice.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by PainToad View Post
    Excuse me but where has there been reports of any of my tweaks not working? There was a typo with path that I fixed almost straight away.

    The reason the OP has been removed is I edited it, and edits need to be approved and mods haven't got around to it yet. So "for all you know"...isn't much at all.

    People like you is why I almost didn't bother sharing my findings/advice.
    Whoa, ease up there a bit. We all know this stuff is tweaking/experimental and we don't expect every fresh new thing to be perfect so don't take this too seriously.

    First off, I would have addressed you directly had I realized you were the author. With the OP missing that wasn't obvious so realize I was just reporting what I saw elsewhere. Even so, I was very careful in my wording to say "my touchpad didn't match his instructions" as opposed to "his instructions are wrong/bad". I admitted I hadn't completed it and couldn't judge directly.

    To answer your other question about "other reports", it was about a week ago when your blog was linked to me elsewhere. Might have been reddit, ot or one of about a half dozen I frequent/mod, I can't say for sure. The typo did come up and that's great that you fixed it. The other issue I recall was with Method #2 (keeping both). If you read it step by step it's lacking the specific "Open appinfo.json" instruction. There's no mention of it at all. Sure it's listed in the Method #1 section but why would you read that if you didn't want to remove the stock browser? So skipping to #2 means you were stuck. A minor setback and not a big deal but it came up.

    People like you is why I almost didn't bother sharing my findings/advice.
    Why punish the masses over some minor (warranted) criticism? I too have a thread of my own experiments/findings here on PreCentral regarding HD video playback. It's far from perfect but people have helped me clean it up and clarify things by pointing them out. They've helped me turn a rambling mess into less of a mess. So relax man, no harm was meant and your findings are appreciated. I even said as much in my first post!

    I can't wait to try this new one
  8.    #28  
    All sorted via PM, morydee
    :-)
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by PainToad View Post
    All sorted via PM, morydee
    :-)
    Indeed. Keep up the great work!
  10. DreamScar's Avatar
    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    #30  
    Thanks for the fixes, PainToad! Now if only I could find a fix for Advanced Browser's zoom issues with its search function and when large images are posted on forums I'd have most of my issues with AB solved.
  11. #31  
    First post is back.
  12. akshunj's Avatar
    Posts
    379 Posts
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by PainToad View Post
    Umm where'd my OP go?
    Funny how things work around here. I started a similar thread for tweaking some settings and it was moved to a different forum. I guess it depends on who the babysitter is here...
  13. #33  
    Well I can understand the precaution that they are taking, when they see somebody that has joined the forum, within the last 10 days, is handing out potentially damaging scripts. They were probably just looking out for everyone else's best interests.

    Take what you will out of it.....seems like your minds are already made up, but I can respect the reasoning behind it.
    Titan078, ariker01 and brum like this.
  14. #34  
    awesome. Thank you very much. The weird caching issue was my #1 complaint.
  15. Kaerey's Avatar
    Posts
    539 Posts
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    #35  
    Default Values for References:

    MemCacheMinDeadBytes=1MB
    MemCacheMaxDeadBytes=2MB
    MemCacheTotalBytes=8MB

    DiskCacheEnabled=true
    Last edited by Kaerey; 09/10/2011 at 05:00 PM.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
  16. #36  
    this is awesome dude, I knew that forum login bug had to be the cache.. I'm using all of your tweaks minus the tabs one bc I can't figure it out THANKS... Also keep in mind this will erase your bookmarks!
  17. funb0b's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    #37  
    ..
    Last edited by funb0b; 09/10/2011 at 09:44 AM. Reason: sorted it, reinstalled internalz and now ok!!
  18. #38  
    hey OP is there a way you can make a how to step by step video cause I followed the instructions to a "T" and I still couldn't get it to work. I uninstalled and reinstalled and still same result. Any help would be great,thanks.
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaerey View Post
    Default Values for References:

    MemCacheMinDeadBytes=1MB
    MemCacheMaxDeadBytes=2MB
    MemCacheTotalBytes=8MB

    DiskCacheEnabled=false
    default value for DiskCacheEnabled=true not false


    Anyway, thank you pain toad, this worked great. Slowly, the TP is getting better and better with all the preware and personal tweaks. Now just hope HP gets some more updates to the OS and devs keep producing apps.
    sent from my 32gb Touchpad
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by Boricua View Post
    hey OP is there a way you can make a how to step by step video cause I followed the instructions to a "T" and I still couldn't get it to work. I uninstalled and reinstalled and still same result. Any help would be great,thanks.
    you have to save the file after you make the changes. Upper left corner, hit the name, then save file. Then hard reboot your tp.
    sent from my 32gb Touchpad
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions