Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
  1.    #1  
    I know there are other lists floating around but I wanted to start a fresh one of my own.

1) Web pages should refresh to new info every time you load. Currently, you have to refresh it to see latest info on a page. Very frustrating and time wasting, especially on a forum web page.

2) Some web pages do not finish loading. This happens on both of my TPs (1 with all the patches + 1.5 OC, the other completely bone stock). This seems to happen randomly and the blue progress bar at the top of the page gets stuck and you have to manually click the "x" then the refresh button. Again, not very productive.

3) Some sort of bookmark organization, such as folders and being able to change their order.

4) Speed up the web page loading. As shown on some videos and reported by forum members, TP's web page loading seems slower than other tablets. Not sure if this is hardware or software issue. If it's software problem, it can and should be fixed.

5) Some of the drop down menus from different websites are not selectable. For example, on this forum, you can't do a simple search because as soon as the virtual keyboard pops up, the search window disappears. Sure, you can use the advanced search but it gets annoying.

As you can see, majority of my gripes with TP has to do with it's web browser. I probably use my TP 80% of the time to surf the web so this is very important to me.
    misswhitley06 likes this.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    I am almost sure there wouldn't be another update but here is for hoping.
    zappcatt and laoh like this.
    I've noticed #2 is usualy related to WiFi problems something else that needs to be fixed. It would seem that 802.11n support may be broken with most compatible routers that use that standard.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    I'd kill a man to be able to browse cards from my keyboard and tab through apps in the loader. Like with my own bare hands, in public....
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
    Isandunk and DeadVim like this.
    Do you want it to cache information, or don't you? Make up your mind.

I hear that keyboard nav is in the cards (ha ha, sorry).

I love connecting to the guys down the street's 802.11n router, instead of my own. Much faster. Though I don't usually have enough signal from home to get to it.
    I hate the refreshing pages too.
    <<thread cleaned>>

The topic is prioritizing a wish list of fixes hoped for the next webOS 3.x release.

It isn't "is HP going to license webOS" or "is HP really going to release another update".
    bevcraw and ChemEngr like this.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    wish selecting text was like iOS. tap and hold then you can scroll the cursor would be better than how it is now tap and maybe right spot.

would be great to have the web browser work with slingplayer's web interface too. Not sure what's missing for that.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    should add to the list: speed up the horrifically slow boot time
    cocochannel likes this.
    A lot of my pages for online classes don't load, like Pearson Vue online Textbooks and Skillsoft. I guess another web browser like firefox would do the trick. Seems like Flash enabled sites are hit or miss.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aston Martin View Post
    I hate the refreshing pages too.
    This will fix that.
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3144880
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by resteasy View Post
    wish selecting text was like iOS. tap and hold then you can scroll the cursor would be better than how it is now tap and maybe right spot.

would be great to have the web browser work with slingplayer's web interface too. Not sure what's missing for that.
    The text thing! I want that with my card control!
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
    I cannot even sign into this website on my touchpad 32gb.
    I'm sick of the webpages not going back to the part you was on before when i press the back button.
    It only seems to work right a 1.5GHZ, @ stock speed its a pile for cr-p. always slowing down etc.

Tvcatchup flash site runs like cr-p too.

when Streaming 1080 on it from youtube looks amazing. but cannot do flash sites with low res odd. see above lol

Sick of wifi keep dropping too. not often but does it.

Cannot use autotrader website in Uk keeps reloading page without my selection made.

Its patched and the logging feature patch is installed to.
    1. On screen master volume control
    2. On screen shut down, restart (from drop down)
    3. Browser that recognizes .mp3 (and .ogg) as streams and hands off to an application which can actually play them, instead of "Streaming Media Player" (foobar, winamp plugin?)
    4. google voice integration
    5. netflix
    HTML5

Split keyboard. I can't stress this one enough.

Really, this isn't the touchpads fault but I wish they would update my pixi plus so I can do sms tethering. Dreaming, I know.

Be able to change the useragent for the browser on the fly, so that on any given website I can view the desktop/mobile/iOS version as I see fit.
    I'd like a true torrent downloader and Atomic style web browser.
    sent from my 32gb Touchpad
    and a more organized app store
    sent from my 32gb Touchpad
    1. Arrow keys on virtual keyboard, or at least some way to move the cursor. It's ridiculous that I have no way to edit text in a field when the text is longer than a field.
    2. Fix the endless-reload of certain browser pages e.g. BBC
    3. Reinstate background card processing - the kneejerk disabling of this was crazy
    4. Get more than one instance of webkit/v8 running to improve performance
    5. Improve performance of enyo elements - especially list scrollers which are sometimes tortuously slow.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    1. Browser support for uploading files, e.g. images.
    2. FTP Support in browser with user/password
    3. Java support in Browser
    4. Faster loading of webpages (if possible, dunno if hardware too slow)
    5. Allow more apps in launcher bar
    File indexing bug fix! The tablet is complete junk if you're unlucky enough to have this ongoing & crippling issue.

Tabbed browsing. Faster browser. Better photo & video app with the ability to sort photo's into any order without pulling in album art from music folders. Ability to skype call people from the messaging app 'Buddies' list, not just message. (why do I have to swipe out, open 'phone & video calls' select the same contact then 'call' ? Silly.)

Loads of other small annoying issue - but IMO, the main Media Indexing Bug is the biggest issue that any new FW needs to resolve.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast