Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree13Likes
    Some of the items above -sound loss and file indexing problem-I havenít experienced, but they sound like high priority items.

For me, Iíd like:

Fix the browser hanging that requires you to stop and reload the page.

Give me some bookmark management. Iím stunned that I have more control of bookmarks on my Pre 2 (I can change order and select what area of the webpage I want to be the thumbnail) than on my TP.

Give the calendar some love please. It is slow to open. It should be a preference setting to be able to open up to whichever of the three views I want (Day, Week, or Month). I use the patch to open to Month view, but the calendar seems momentarily confused Ėit will open to the last view, then go to its default Day view, then the patch seems to kick in and change it to Month view. And how come all day events have their area frozen at the top of the day view (which I like a lot), so you see them no matter where you scroll up and down time-wise for the day, but in the week view they arenít frozen? Either you think freezing that area is good or not, but I donít see how you donít take the same approach for day vs week.

Give me control over the launcher tabs and names. Again, Iím surprised I have this ability on my Pre 2 but not on the TP.

Oh, and get HP to convince HBO to create an HBOGO app. :-)
    I cannot even sign into this website on my touchpad 32gb.
    I'm sick of the webpages not going back to the part you was on before when i press the back button.
    It only seems to work right a 1.5GHZ, @ stock speed its a pile for cr-p. always slowing down etc.

Tvcatchup flash site runs like cr-p too.

when Streaming 1080 on it from youtube looks amazing. but cannot do flash sites with low res odd. see above lol

Sick of wifi keep dropping too. not often but does it.

Cannot use autotrader website in Uk keeps reloading page without my selection made.

Its patched and the logging feature patch is installed to.
    Agreed - TVCatchup is a flipping disaster! And the WiFi thing.

from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    The only thing webOS programmers are updating right now are there resumes.
    The only thing webOS programmers are updating right now are there resumes.

False. Pre3 got an update a few days ago,and the Touchpad itself received updates after the debacle.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Newness Developments apps:

Those updates were probably in the works before the layoffs. I just don't see anymore major updates happening.

I've worked for tech companies that were in the same boat as HP and I can tell you people are either updating their resumes or goofing off right now. Probably a little bit of both
    Those updates were probably in the works before the layoffs. I just don't see anymore major updates happening.

I've worked for tech companies that were in the same boat as HP and I can tell you people are either updating their resumes or goofing off right now. Probably a little bit of both
    Well, let's see what happens...

Newness Developments apps:

Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    Well, let's see what happens...

Yep, but as time goes by it isn't looking good. Tomorrow marks 2 months since 3.0.2 was released. I would have thought there would have been at least another minor release by now to fix some of the MANY issues.
    Palm seems to be a bit slow to release updates as a whole. There will be more updates, unless something really catastrophic happens before they are ready.

Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Palm seems to be a bit slow to release updates as a whole. There will be more updates, unless something really catastrophic happens before they are ready.
    You mean like discontinue production of all webOS related hardware devices, firesale your inventory, fire the CEO, fire 525 webOS employees, make your stock nose dive over 40% and have no idea what to do with webOS or the remaining webOS employees?

Or were you looking for a different kind of catastrophe???
    DeadVim and Azentropy like this.
    Actually, yes. That catastrophe is now in the past, and there really are people who are still working and doing stuff. They sort of get paid to do that, the ones that remain there.

Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    In the past?!?

These are events that have been happening this past month, weeks and days with new developments continuing to leak out. I don't think you understand that HP and webOS are still in the middle of a catastrophe. WebOS is in purgatory along with everyone involved.

You think HP employees are working on some sort of project timeline for new features and updates? At best they are keeping them busy with things to prepare for a full closure or sell to another company and that's it.

I've been there and know exactly what's going on. I've worked at companies walking distance from them and I know the culture and the morale that comes along with this.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    I don't know why they can't fix the lag. It is really annoying.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    These are all things that make my experience with TouchPad, fustrating at times. But all these can be fixed via software updated.

1. Playing video for me has not been a flawless experience (needs work)
    2. No dedicated YouTube app
    3. YouTube videos hard to manipulate on the browser (scrubber hard to drag)
    4. App Catalog needs speed all around.
    6. Hurry up in getting more big name apps (netflix, crunchyroll, evernote etc)
    7. Skype video calls not all that clear for me. Skype quality is over all bad.
    8. Video recording needed.
    9. Copy and paste needs a little more work
    10. Speedup calender rendering as I browse through. Speed up calender!
    11. Facebook chat via synergy. Facebook app Lags alot.
    12 Ability to install our own printer drivers (homebrew method perhaps)
    13. Browser should have ability to return to my spot when I go back a page.
    14. Manytimes when I type it takes the keyboard a while to input the text.
    15. Spell Check needs to work in QuickOffice.
    16. Voice recroding app optimize for 3.0
    17. Adobe Reader needs optimization.
    18. Webos is faster than before but still not fluid smooth. More Optimization
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123