Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jamex View Post
    I am almost sure there wouldn't be another update but here is for hoping.
    If HP truly wants to license WebOS there will be. When? Don't know, I wouldn't expect by Christmas though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twosted View Post
    Thankyou, now webOS is perfect. ;-)
    twosted likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by next_milenium View Post
    I know there are other lists floating around but I wanted to start a fresh one of my own.

1) Web pages should refresh to new info every time you load. Currently, you have to refresh it to see latest info on a page. Very frustrating and time wasting, especially on a forum web page.
    I believe the issue there is just very bad cache management. It does a lousy job at figuring out when to use cached data and when to refresh.
    2) Some web pages do not finish loading. This happens on both of my TPs (1 with all the patches + 1.5 OC, the other completely bone stock). This seems to happen randomly and the blue progress bar at the top of the page gets stuck and you have to manually click the "x" then the refresh button. Again, not very productive.
    Some have said this is related to the network stack and maybe to 801.11n implementation. It could be, but I've had issues on non "N" networks as well.

3) Some sort of bookmark organization, such as folders and being able to change their order.
    I'm blown away how bare bones the browser is. Bookmark management is pretty simple and basic stuff.

4) Speed up the web page loading. As shown on some videos and reported by forum members, TP's web page loading seems slower than other tablets. Not sure if this is hardware or software issue. If it's software problem, it can and should be fixed.
    It isn't the hardware, it is the software. 've found the main issue with speed due to the JavaScript implementation. I finally saw some confirmation on the HP developer site that it is single threaded - which explains a lot. On my TP OC (dual core 1.5ghz) and various patches the best SunSpider score I get is about ~3000ms. My iPad 2 (dual core 900Mhz) gets 1800ms.

5) Some of the drop down menus from different websites are not selectable. For example, on this forum, you can't do a simple search because as soon as the virtual keyboard pops up, the search window disappears. Sure, you can use the advanced search but it gets annoying.
    It definitely needs some tweaking, but even on my iPad and iOS that is now 4 years old I see issues like that.

As you can see, majority of my gripes with TP has to do with it's web browser. I probably use my TP 80% of the time to surf the web so this is very important to me.
    For some reason HP didn't really focus on the browser, which IMO due to the lack of apps out the gate should have been a super high priority. I would have had dedicated a team that all they did was the browser and even have 2 or 3 to focus just on the browser interface features. If HP did that then that team didn't do a very good job. There are about a half of dozen third party browsers on the iPad, some FREE, that are much more refined. Other than FLASH the WebOS browser doesn't have anything going for it.
    if you are having index issues, I'll bet you are using the logging patches. There are fixes for that...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    if you are having index issues, I'll bet you are using the logging patches. There are fixes for that...
    how much do you want to bet then?!

I am not using logging muffler patches (any more - I tried them but I had this issue before I even installed logging muffler patch and I have it still after removing) and I have deleted the filenotify.db3 more times that I care to remember...and if I have to reboot this thing one more time...

Nothing has fully resolved this issue for me and lots of others, the removal of the .db3 did sort my images out (for now, and they're still mixed up with folders of music art thumbnails) and the videos finally refreshed to delete all the old films that I had removed days earlier. But, the music list still won't behave at all - only showing 1403 of 2887 songs.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ng-photos.html

I give up. Oh, the photo viewer needs an overhaul too - why can't I zoom into large images and see detail? Looking at all the other requests across the internet, there is a hell of a lot to sort out for a team of dedicated dev's, so i'm not expecting much over the last few months of support, but I hope to be proved wrong.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Also; I read about it not supporting some kind of Hotspot mode, either way the Tpad doesn't find my joikuspot phone hotspot
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aston Martin View Post
    Thankyou, now webOS is perfect. ;-)
    What's funny is the way this thing handles the cache. If the webpages were truly cached you would expect them to load instantly. But the load time is exactly the same with the cache turned off.
    I would like

1 - proxy settings

2 - converting email into calendar events

3 - a process manager. SOmetimes TP complaints about too many cards even when there are no cards

4 - integrated terminal for advance users(yes I know I can go through Xserver)

5- Frigging arrow keys on the virtual keyboard
    Quote Originally Posted by lawks View Post
    Also; I read about it not supporting some kind of Hotspot mode, either way the Tpad doesn't find my joikuspot phone hotspot
    Ah yes - WebOS doesn't support Ad-Hoc networks - which is yet another P.I.T.A as it means I also can't use my Nokia to supply a wifi signal...so I have to leave the TP at home when i'd really like to use it on the road.

No USB host support is yet another omission - I'd dearly love to able to drop images directly from my camera or card reader, on to a TP. Mais non. No joy with that either, although I see some hacks might be possible with a 5V power supply - i'll wait for the ebay cables to appear
    Quote Originally Posted by karun View Post
    I would like

I feel your pain! So obvious.
    Quote Originally Posted by karun View Post
    This...so much THIS!
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Number 1 by far. Fix 802.11 X Wifi Enterprise support. I cannot use it at work. Yes, I have tried to workarounds to d/l the cert myself by bringing my laptop to work and capturing it, etc, still doesn't work. Annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by next_milenium View Post
    I know there are other lists floating around but I wanted to start a fresh one of my own.

1) Web pages should refresh to new info every time you load. Currently, you have to refresh it to see latest info on a page. Very frustrating and time wasting, especially on a forum web page.

2) Some web pages do not finish loading. This happens on both of my TPs (1 with all the patches + 1.5 OC, the other completely bone stock). This seems to happen randomly and the blue progress bar at the top of the page gets stuck and you have to manually click the "x" then the refresh button. Again, not very productive.

3) Some sort of bookmark organization, such as folders and being able to change their order.

4) Speed up the web page loading. As shown on some videos and reported by forum members, TP's web page loading seems slower than other tablets. Not sure if this is hardware or software issue. If it's software problem, it can and should be fixed.

5) Some of the drop down menus from different websites are not selectable. For example, on this forum, you can't do a simple search because as soon as the virtual keyboard pops up, the search window disappears. Sure, you can use the advanced search but it gets annoying.

As you can see, majority of my gripes with TP has to do with it's web browser. I probably use my TP 80% of the time to surf the web so this is very important to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bable View Post
    I'd kill a man to be able to browse cards from my keyboard and tab through apps in the loader. Like with my own bare hands, in public....
    Can that man be Leo?
    DeadVim likes this.
    On the Touchpad, when you're playing a video you don't want anyone to hear, they will still hear it.

You try to turn it down as the video comes on, you are actually turning down the ringtone volume. You can't turn down the video volume until it actually comes on.
    Cantaffordit likes this.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Was speaking with a member of palm support to day and he did say that "Yes another WebOS update is on the way very very soon" He also mentioned that HP was looking into improving the wireless capabilities of the touchpad in regards to Ad Hoc access points. So get ready :P
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    In order of priority:

1. The File Indexing thing (I have not come across it but it sounds pretty fundamental)
    2. Fix the sound engine so it does not drop out periodically
    3. The Browser Issues already highlighted (performance, cache, bookmarking, etc)
    4. I know it's not the OS but can we please have a better PDF reader?
    5. Another vote for virtual frigging arrow keys

Disclaimer - Still using it, loving it (for the fire sale price) and enjoying the ride.
    What is this file indexing thing? I think the sound dropping thing is not necessarily related to the system itself, although granted it should never happen it really doesn't seem to be happening to a large qty of people. I thought I had it once but it turned out it was actually the multiple volume controls .

I think that palm has figured out that a lot of performance problems can be blamed on the software, too bad HP didn't figure it out before they killed it.

If you'rendoing a lot of typing get a keyboard.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    What is this file indexing thing? I think the sound dropping thing is not necessarily related to the system itself, although granted it should never happen it really doesn't seem to be happening to a large qty of people. I thought I had it once but it turned out it was actually the multiple volume controls .

I think that palm has figured out that a lot of performance problems can be blamed on the software, too bad HP didn't figure it out before they killed it.

If you'rendoing a lot of typing get a keyboard.

(File Indexing) As I understand it, the TP will not see any changes to files added to it and will need a restart.

(Keyboard) If I paid top dollar for a tablet (which I didn't so it's not a big problem) and the response from HP was to buy another accessory to have some arrow keys my response would not be suitable for a forum such as this. Kind of defeats the point of a tablet too ... (I'll ignore your typo )

(Sound Issues) I read somewhere that the TP implements a buggy sound engine, how true this is I know not but whatever is causing the issue needs to be addressed for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bable View Post
    I'd kill a man to be able to browse cards from my keyboard and tab through apps in the loader. Like with my own bare hands, in public....
    I found it hilarious that there's a key on the keyboard to put app in card view but not be able to switch between them (can't even go back to the one you were just at), and at the same time bring up the launcher and not be able to select an app. Even if you use "just type", you can't even select anything. The keyboard is awesome........for typing words.
    Well, I was using the virtual keyboard when I typed that :P My main point, there, though, was that if you are doing a lot of keyboard entry, getting a Bluetooth keyboard would be a good thing. I'm using mine right now, sitting at my desktop, because Communities is a far better interface to the forums than my web browser.

Yeah aside from the fact that we have arrow keys on the Bluetooth keyboard, the keyboard support for everything else is a little.. Half baked. I read in one of the public dev forums, that more keyboard support was intended, but just hasn't made it in yet. So, there's some hope that future updates will address that. At the initial pricepoints for the touchpad, I doubt they were thinking that there would be anywhere near as many people with the HP keyboards out there as there are now.

I love the keyboard, but I don't take it everywhere with me. Yes, I'd like to have arrows, but the only way they'd fit is if there were wholesale changes made to the virtual keyboard, or if they were put into a different mode, and either one of those options seems like it would be just as infuriating as not actually having them.

Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast