Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by loughary View Post
    Is it the HP Custom fit case that comes with the QVC deal?
    That's the one......
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    It's funny how qvc can get stock of touchpads while HP can't. I just received my a tracking number from qvc in the email. HP on the other hand just figured out they still need to assemble my touchpad.
    Got my tracking number on a "refresh until it says available" order. Should be in by Friday, I believe.
    Well is someone gets an extra pm me. I want to get one for my dad, who owns a launch day pre.
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

their system actually worked pretty well. it never crashed even with everyone refreshing every 5 seconds and it only allowed orders when it knew it had stock. UPS shows no movement yet though so I am still not 100% sure even with a tracking #.
    Quote Originally Posted by lafester View Post
    their system actually worked pretty well. it never crashed even with everyone refreshing every 5 seconds and it only allowed orders when it knew it had stock. UPS shows no movement yet though so I am still not 100% sure even with a tracking #.
    It will take a day or 2 and you will have hiccups in tracking. I have ordered quite a bit from UPS the last 6-12 months, and their tracking has gotten horrible.

Specific to QVC, however their system works with UPS, you will see your tracking number in the system a good 24-48 hours before you see it move, especially with a weekend involved it can be long. In my experience, at this point you are seeing SOP from a QVC purchased, UPS shipped order.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Mine still says "IN PROCESS OF SHIPPING", hope my order goes through. As my order with hp SMB is still 6-8 weeks away.
    Quote Originally Posted by maoshouse View Post
    It's funny how qvc can get stock of touchpads while HP can't. I just received my a tracking number from qvc in the email. HP on the other hand just figured out they still need to assemble my touchpad.

I think HP took the inventory that they had & shipped it to it's partners instead of keeping them. I remember following the HP folks on Twitter, and the weekend after the firesale, they said they will be restocking their inventory from their warehouse's the following week. Then they changed it to they had to manufacture more. This would explain why retailers have TouchPads to ship out now, and how some are able to fulfill orders they couldn't during the initial firesale.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Specific to QVC, however their system works with UPS, you will see your tracking number in the system a good 24-48 hours before you see it move, especially with a weekend involved it can be long. In my experience, at this point you are seeing SOP from a QVC purchased, UPS shipped order.
    UPS has mine listed as "picked up" now and is trackable via the UPS website.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jophiel View Post
    UPS has mine listed as "picked up" now and is trackable via the UPS website.
    Mine still has only the label printed with no activity. I called QVC and they assured me it was moved onto UPS. I called UPS, and they told me that since it was shipped over the weekend, there may be a delay when tracking info is updated to their site.

I wish the tracing info would update soon. I have a feeling I may get it a day early, and I want to make sure I'm here when the package comes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    Mine still has only the label printed with no activity. I called QVC and they assured me it was moved onto UPS. I called UPS, and they told me that since it was shipped over the weekend, there may be a delay when tracking info is updated to their site.

I wish the tracing info would update soon. I have a feeling I may get it a day early, and I want to make sure I'm here when the package comes.
    Everything I get from QVC is usually a day early or more. Also, the worst part is going to be when it leaves NC, and then your tracking doesn't update for DAYS. My order initially was projected to take 11 calendar days to arrive, took 6 calendar days (delivered on a Monday).

Mine went from "AGENT PICKUP; IN TRANSIT TO UPS FACILITY", then didn't update until it got to the local hub 3 1/2 days later and was out for delivery.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Everything I get from QVC is usually a day early or more. Also, the worst part is going to be when it leaves NC, and then your tracking doesn't update for DAYS. My order initially was projected to take 11 calendar days to arrive, took 6 calendar days (delivered on a Monday).

Mine went from "AGENT PICKUP; IN TRANSIT TO UPS FACILITY", then didn't update until it got to the local hub 3 1/2 days later and was out for delivery.

Thanks, that's good to know. That way I won't go crazy. My expected delivery is Weds, but I'll be on the look out for it tomorrow just in case. I was reading through the slick deals forums, and folks that live in, and near NC said they checked their tracking info & it went from just showing the tracking #, to out for delivery today.

That's cool, getting it early is never a bad thing.
    I like PackageMapping also available as a right click option (I can't remember how I got that, but I use it all the time - oh - it's Firefox). You can watch your package travel across the country

But mine is still sitting there at QVC.

Now it's showing.

Wednesday. Yay.
    Last edited by allowingtoo; 09/12/2011 at 07:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by allowingtoo View Post
    I like PackageMapping also available as a right click option (I can't remember how I got that, but I use it all the time - oh - it's Firefox). You can watch your package travel across the country

But mine is still sitting there at QVC. Sigh.

From what I've read, with the many people who ordered over in the slickdeals forums, alot of peoples shipping info hasn't updated yet. Unless your expected delivery date passes & you still haven't gotten your package, I wouldn't worry too much. But like you, I also like to be able to see my package progress.
    Mine just showed up in tracking
    Origin scan Rocky Mount, NC.

I guess it really is coming!
    SmartFah likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by lafester View Post
    Mine just showed up in tracking
    Origin scan Rocky Mount, NC.

I guess it really is coming!
    Mine just showed up too. Origin scan in Rocky Mount as well.

After 3+ weeks of Fail; missing TouchPads by minutes in brick & mortar stores. Constantly missing online sales and seeing 'sold out' or 'out of stock', I'm excited to finally get a TouchPad (without over paying on eBay/Craigslist).

I can't wait!
    yukonhijack likes this.
    And it's a little embarrassing for it to be QVC isn't it? Like we've sat around watching the shopping channel all day
    UPS just delivered! Did not ask for a signature. Just dropped it off and left. Just thought I'd post FYI.
    Quote Originally Posted by allowingtoo View Post
    UPS just delivered! Did not ask for a signature. Just dropped it off and left. Just thought I'd post FYI.
    What shipping did you get? And where are you?

I just got the standard shipping. And I'm in Houston. Mine has been saying "Agent pickup ; in transit to UPS facility " for several days now. Hoping it gets to Houston soon. On xda someone said QVC delivers them all the way to your local hub.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by spongamabob View Post
    What shipping did you get? And where are you?

I just got the standard shipping. And I'm in Houston. Mine has been saying "Agent pickup ; in transit to UPS facility " for several days now. Hoping it gets to Houston soon. On xda someone said QVC delivers them all the way to your local hub.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
    I picked standard shipping, and shipping status (Agent pickup ; in transit to UPS facility) yesterday stated delivery on Friday 09/19.
    This morning, shipping was updated to Out for Delivery. Maybe the QVC shipments don't update until the date of delivery? I've never experienced that before with UPS, but this is my first ever QVC order. YMMV.

EDIT: Oh, I'm in Iowa.
    Last edited by PrinceAlbert; 09/14/2011 at 01:28 PM. Reason: add location
    I see pandas.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast