Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    i got 7, for christmas gift!!! wooohooo!
    Wow! That was what? a whole 3 minutes?
    I was just able to put in an order
    Keep trying!
    I meant to post here after my order went through, I was able to get an order in 3 hours ago (a few min before midnight). I kept doing the refresh thing, and ended up getting one in the cart. Order completed & everything, and I got the email.

Hopefully it doesn't get canceled or anything, guess I'll find out on Monday when they ship out the orders.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    got 2. at least i'll be getting these next friday. screw hp. ordered almost a month ago and won't be getting them for another month.

this is gonna be my first and last hp product.
    Quote Originally Posted by maoshouse View Post
    got 2. at least i'll be getting these next friday. screw hp. ordered almost a month ago and won't be getting them for another month.

this is gonna be my first and last hp product.
    lol, I'm with you on that one. The TouchPad will definitely be my first & last HP product. I only took an interest in HP because they acquired Palm, but after seeing how they just kicked webOS to the curb; killing off the Touchpad & not allowing the Pre 3 to see the light of day in the U.S. It just has me ticked off. I'm glad my Pre 2 has a Palm logo on the back & not HP.
    Anyone success grab extra TouchPads from QVC and want to sell one for unlucky guy like me.. please PM me..

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    Anyone success grab extra TouchPads from QVC and want to sell one for unlucky guy like me.. please PM me..

Thanks!
    Me too!!
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    lol, I'm with you on that one. The TouchPad will definitely be my first & last HP product. I only took an interest in HP because they acquired Palm, but after seeing how they just kicked webOS to the curb; killing off the Touchpad & not allowing the Pre 3 to see the light of day in the U.S. It just has me ticked off. I'm glad my Pre 2 has a Palm logo on the back & not HP.
    although I'm sure it's probably super hard to launch a successful product, I'm still supper angry at hp for screwing it all up. i mean they're a 70 year old business with tons of success, how do they mess up so royally?

i really wish things could've been different.
    Quote Originally Posted by maoshouse View Post
    although I'm sure it's probably super hard to launch a successful product, I'm still supper angry at hp for screwing it all up. i mean they're a 70 year old business with tons of success, how do they mess up so royally?

i really wish things could've been different.
    I wish things could have gone differently too, however, I am glad I finally was able to score a TouchPad through QVC. I just checked my order status, and I have my tracking number and it's ready to ship via UPS. I'm assuming it'll go out on Monday.

Has anyone else who got an order in late by refreshing the cart constantly received their shipping info as well??
    Another bittersweet score. Not sure if I am happy or sad.

I debated ordering more than one on QVC, but I'm not in it for the profit and already have way too many accessories...so I just went for one. I then pinged a friend who hasn't scored yet and they were OOS when he got there...so I will probably pass this one to him. I should have ordered two I suppose...but then again, I was on HP.com that first night when the 16GBs were going for 85 beans...and I should have ordered ten then, hooked my family and friends up, and been done with it. Instead, I have spent probably 100 hours on this search...online and in my car. Oh well, the thrill of the hunt and all. I have actually managed to get enough for my family...and have one more in the pipeline.

If you folks haven't scored one yet, register on slickdeals, add a new "deal alert" for the phrase "touchpad" appearing in the "hot deals" forum, keep your phone close, and then be ready to jump at a moment's notice. You'll get a lot of spam, but the hunt takes effort. As the saying goes, you make your own luck.

If you're not into the hunt and/or don't want to spend a lot of time looking, just go to eBay and pay the going rate. It's still a bargain.
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    SmartFah likes this.
    Yeah, I think the hunt is what kept me going. I've spent way more time than I would have liked to trying to score one. I went on vacation when the firsale first started & missed out. When I got back home, it was almost impossible. I started following slickdeals for the last two weeks, and it kept me informed, but I still missed out on many inventories that went live after the initial firesale.

I thought I missed out on the QVC deal too, when I found out about it, it was already sold out. But I checked the slickdeals forum, and people were still getting them by doing the constant refresh in the add to cart page. Like many, I installed a chrome extension to auto-refresh every 2 seconds, I checked 20 min or so later, and it was in my cart. Woot!!!

But yeah, for anyone looking to score one still, you must follow the slickdeals threads and/or deal alerts. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that most people who have gotten TouchPads during the firesale are registered on slick deals, or are constantly viewing the threads.

Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    Another bittersweet score. Not sure if I am happy or sad.

I debated ordering more than one on QVC, but I'm not in it for the profit and already have way too many accessories...so I just went for one. I then pinged a friend who hasn't scored yet and they were OOS when he got there...so I will probably pass this one to him. I should have ordered two I suppose...but then again, I was on HP.com that first night when the 16GBs were going for 85 beans...and I should have ordered ten then, hooked my family and friends up, and been done with it. Instead, I have spent probably 100 hours on this search...online and in my car. Oh well, the thrill of the hunt and all. I have actually managed to get enough for my family...and have one more in the pipeline.

If you folks haven't scored one yet, register on slickdeals, add a new "deal alert" for the phrase "touchpad" appearing in the "hot deals" forum, keep your phone close, and then be ready to jump at a moment's notice. You'll get a lot of spam, but the hunt takes effort. As the saying goes, you make your own luck.

If you're not into the hunt and/or don't want to spend a lot of time looking, just go to eBay and pay the going rate. It's still a bargain.
    I wish things could have gone differently too, however, I am glad I finally was able to score a TouchPad through QVC. I just checked my order status, and I have my tracking number and it's ready to ship via UPS. I'm assuming it'll go out on Monday.

Has anyone else who got an order in late by refreshing the cart constantly received their shipping info as well??
    Yep! Got my tracking number, Got the deal by refreshing about an hour after they sold out.
    Should be here Wednesday.
    SmartFah likes this.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    millions read the TP slickdeals thread
    you have to check it 4 times a day if you can to get in on the deal

sigh
    I'm not here to criticize the Touchpad but to learn how to make it better.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    anyone know where to find out at a decent price? my father is thinking of getting one to take on a trip.. I havent brought mine over to show him it yet but for $99 he was interested (I told him I have 32G which cost me $121)

I received my email with tracking number this morning.
    I received my tracking number this morning too. North Carolina to Florida 2cnd Day Air shouldn't take too long.
    Quote Originally Posted by djqwik View Post
    anyone know where to find out at a decent price? my father is thinking of getting one to take on a trip.. I havent brought mine over to show him it yet but for $99 he was interested (I told him I have 32G which cost me $121)
    did you read the posts above yours? you have to watch the threads.

i have not received tracking yet but they called yesterday to verify shipping address... hopefully that is all set now and I get my tracking soon. maybe I will call back again today just to make sure. it does sound like they actually have them which is nice for once
    got tracking info
    crazy finding one after all this time and its even a pretty good deal.

thanks qvc!
    Got mine via QVC as well..received tracking info today. I'd say it's a great deal for a 32gb HP TP $149 touchstone goes for $55 and the case goes for $42 (if it's the HP Custom fit case) so that's around $246 dollars if you could get all three at list price and we know that's not happening on the TP. I don't think I've seen a 16gb on ebay sell for less then what I paid for the QVC deal $222.96

Is it the HP Custom fit case that comes with the QVC deal?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast