Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    UPDATE #3!

It went through anyway! Tiger Direct sent out a generic cancellation email "just in case there was an issue" but check your ONLINE STATUS for your ORDER. That's the real indicator.

If you still want verification call up their CS line at 800-800-8300
    Last edited by DizWhiz; 09/09/2011 at 04:54 PM.
    They also had a 32gb bundle for $250. I had it in my cart, by the tme I proceeded to check out, the site kept crashing & I couldn't get my order to finish. Their servers must have got hammered. By the time the page stopped crashing, they were out of stock

I got a follow up email from them, they are supposedly getting more:

Thank you for subscribing to get special alerts on the highly allocated HP TouchPads.

Within the last hour, we sent an email alerting to a batch of inventory we received of HP TouchPad Bundles. They SOLD OUT in mere minutes.

We are working on getting more. As promised, every time we get more, we will alert you first. As you can see, these are available on a first come, first served basis, so you have to act fast when we send out these inventory alerts.

To repeat, we have SOLD OUT of both the 16gb and 32gb versions of the HP TouchPad bundles. As soon as we get more, we will send you an email alert.

Thanks again!

Regards,

TigerDirect.com
    Deal Alert Team
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Considering those accessories are $75 at HP's discounted rates, that is very good deal for either model. Is it shipped free? $25 premium to get one? I am willing to pay that to TigerDirect if they can come through with one for me!
    Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    They also had a 32gb bundle for $250. I had it in my cart, by the tme I proceeded to check out, the site kept crashing & I couldn't get my order to finish. Their servers must have got hammered. By the time the page stopped crashing, they were out of stock

I got a follow up email from them, they are supposedly getting more:
    Ugh sorry to hear that, I know how it feels. (Insight, B&N, HP...) I seriously just lucked out for once because I got the email while at my computer and ordered one within minutes. a couple minutes later the site got hammered.

The good news is they said they might get more so I may try again and then sell close to at-cost in case users get screwed again. I want to spread the love.
    Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scratch59 View Post
    Considering those accessories are $75 at HP's discounted rates, that is very good deal for either model. Is it shipped free? $25 premium to get one? I am willing to pay that to TigerDirect if they can come through with one for me!
    Shipping was like $6 more for standard 3-5 day so not a big deal. I know I got taken for "more than it's worth" but being near Chicago it's a steal. CL and ebay are selling just the 16GB for $200-$240 alone.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DizWhiz View Post
    I know I got taken for "more than it's worth"
    At this point in the current market, I would say that you didn't get taken for anything. I paid 107 for the TP from PC richard (and have still yet to get it) and 91 for the three HP accessories from BB (right when their sale started.) So you got almost the same price and didn't get the case (which compared to the Apple flap thing for the iPad 2 feels like crap anyways.) I would say you got a good deal.
    I got two emails from Tigerdirect, one saying they have Touchpad bundles for sale, then the second email stated they were sold out! Guess the Touchpad is still a very hot item for being discontinued! This is awesome! (unless you still haven't gotten one...)
    Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scratch59 View Post
    At this point in the current market, I would say that you didn't get taken for anything. I paid 107 for the TP from PC richard (and have still yet to get it) and 91 for the three HP accessories from BB (right when their sale started.) So you got almost the same price and didn't get the case (which compared to the Apple flap thing for the iPad 2 feels like crap anyways.) I would say you got a good deal.
    Hey you can keep making me feel better for spending more than I had anticipated!

The main question is if I want to keep they keyboard and touchstone or sell those and try to bring my overall cost down. The charger is nice but I don't see me ever using the keyboard.
    got a 32gb in my shopping cart. . .went to checkout. . .and it was gone. . oh well. . btw that was 5 mins after rec'd email
    Thank you for subscribing to get special alerts on the highly allocated HP TouchPads and for attempting to place your order. Unfortunately they sold out within minutes from us sending the earlier email about a batch of inventory we received.

Since you attempted to place your order online, you might receive an order confirmation, however we do not actually have an order pending for you. Becasue of the quick sell out and the depletion of inventory your order was not completely processed.

As you know these are available on a first come, first served basis. As promised, every time we get more, we will alert you first.

We apologize for the inconvenience and we appreciate your business.
    It's hilarious because on the order confirmation they stated they have a 'rigorous process.'

Regards,

TigerDirect.com Customer Care
    DizWhiz likes this.
    Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bobweiser View Post
    It's hilarious because on the order confirmation they stated they have a 'rigorous process.'

Regards,

TigerDirect.com Customer Care
    Ha yep same thing here. I had an account setup and I clicked the email link within seconds of it hitting my inbox and a minute later checked out. I'm reading on a deal site that everyone got theirs canceled and I haven't seen one success story yet. This is annoying.
    This is annoying -

I hate tigerdirect's layout anyways..now this takes the cake.

After a twitter search of #tigerdirect I am seeing a few talking of cancellations.

If this was their idea of a joke..it's not funny!
    Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    This is annoying -

I hate tigerdirect's layout anyways..now this takes the cake.

After a twitter search of #tigerdirect I am seeing a few talking of cancellations.

If this was their idea of a joke..it's not funny!
    Honestly they had to have had an incredibly small QTY today. Many people, like myself, are reporting that they ordered within seconds and now got cancellation emails.
    Honestly they had to have had an incredibly small QTY today. Many people, like myself, are reporting that they ordered within seconds and now got cancellation emails.
    what time did you get your confirmation email? i got mine at 10:41 pst

could have ordered sooner but i accidentally put in the wrong exp. date on my cc fuuuuuuu
    Were there any rebates?

I got my confirmation at 10:41pst as well.

Diz - what site are you on that people are complaining?
    Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    I got my confirmation at 10:41pst as well.

Diz - what site are you on that people are complaining?
    Oh slickdeals.net I've been keeping track on there since the deal went live back in August. The reason I call shenanigans on this deal is that I clicked the link a second after I got it and was checked out by 12:38 Central time, email confirmed 12:40 and I still didn't get one.
    i got the cancellation email but on td's website it says this

Order Status: Reg Order Process - Credit Card Verification Done. Your order is in process at our warehouse.

no pending charge on my cc though
    yay! guess my order went through

Order Status: Carrier Pickup - Your item(s) have been processed and delivered to the carrier for pickup. Please note: no changes or cancellations can be made at this point.
    UPDATE #3!

It went through anyway! Tiger Direct sent out a generic cancellation email "just in case there was an issue" but check your ONLINE STATUS for your ORDER. That's the real indicator.

If you still want verification call up their CS line at 800-800-8300
    Mine went through as well!

I also got in an order at QVC for their 32gb, then saw that my tiger direct order may have went through.

/facepalm

If i get both I am selling one to a coworker for what I paid :/
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast