Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By OrionAntares#CB
  1.    #1  
    after a full erase, are preware patches still intact?

the Touchpad was restored, but apps like preware and Govnah were gone.

however, Just Type still says Make it so... since that was the result of a
    preware patch, how can it still be there if preware is gone?

thanks!
    A full erase just erases apps, personal data, and the USB partition. Patches aren't apps, they're modifications to the OS. If you want to remove them you need to uninstall them manually or do a factory wipe with the webOSdoctor.
    snowwhitie likes this.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    If the TP was set to the 1.5GHz profile using Govnah, will it stay at that profile after a wipe, or does it need Govnah to keep that setting?

I am assuming UberKernel will remain intact as it's part of the root filesystem.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by MincerRay View Post
    If the TP was set to the 1.5GHz profile using Govnah, will it stay at that profile after a wipe, or does it need Govnah to keep that setting?

I am assuming UberKernel will remain intact as it's part of the root filesystem.
    That's the question I forgot to ask.

Prior to the full erase, I used Govnah to set my TP to 1.5GHz.

Now that Govnah and preware are both gone, what clock speed is my TP running at?
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Is there any other way to full restore (total wipe out) without using the doctor?

I'm kinda scared of having the TPOD (Twelve Percent of Death).

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by keplenk View Post
    Is there any other way to full restore (total wipe out) without using the doctor?

I'm kinda scared of having the TPOD (Twelve Percent of Death).

Thanks.
    I've Doctored 3 times and zero issues. I think the 12% issue is rare, and besides there's a fix now.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PainToad View Post
    I've Doctored 3 times and zero issues. I think the 12% issue is rare, and besides there's a fix now.
    Cool. Thanks!
    If you install preware can you just uninstall it or do you have to use something special to remove it?

If you have preware installed and new update comes out from HP do you have to remove preware to install new update?

I wish somebody would make a video for removal of preware.
    I am currently having the 12% issue. You mention there is a fix for it. Can you kindly point me to it? Thanks.
    Its funny there is tons of show you how to preware your device. Then on the bad side of things like removing the preware and using doctor and any help on these kind of things your just stuck without answers. Its like hotel CA once you check in theres no help getting out.

Now please answer some good questions please.

If you install preware can you just uninstall it or do you have to use something special to remove it?

If you have preware installed and new update comes out from HP do you have to remove preware to install new update?

Can someone make a video showing how to use doctor and how to remove the preware the safe way.
    I loaded preware and all the patches on mine already and its running great. But I need to learn more for future updates and if I have to return it for cracks in case or something like that.