Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By OldSkoolVWLover
  • 1 Post By Tech Star
  1.    #1  
    My hp touchpad is stuck on the hp logo during startup and it won't boot into the OS. How can I get it to boot into the OS?
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Are you stuck on it forever? Or can you reboot? I had an issue like this when I tried to restart on a weak battery. Hung on the HP logo for a few minutes, and then ultimately continued.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Try and hold center+power butttons for ten seconds.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  4.    #4  
    The battery was fully charged before this happened.
    I have tried the center+power button numerous times, but it just gets stuck at the hp logo and does not do anything after that. :/

It seems as its stuck on it forever unless I do the center+power button reboot, but then the same exact thing happens. It's been on the hp logo for about 7 minutes now, since the last reboot. Don't know how to turn it off.
    First have you ever had it booted to the OS/activation?
    Did you get through activation?

If yes to the first two, what is the last thing you were doing before you had to reboot? Why did you reboot?

You can either let the TP sit until it dies, or go to the doctor. But answering the questions above will help for the experts around here give more possible advice.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    geeksquadkid and Tech Star like this.
    ^ what he said
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

7.    #7  
    I have gone through activation and have had my TP running for about 2 weeks now. I was trying to install a Farsi font, that was found on the forums here, but it shut off by its own self after I installed it. It wouldn't boot.

I just used the doctor to format my device. It works now. Thanks again for all your help.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    So, I am having a similar issue. I have gone through activation, battery was around 60% charge, and I rebooted because the sound wasn't coming out right via headphones(first time it happened a full reboot solved this issue). Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    First have you ever had it booted to the OS/activation?
    Did you get through activation?

If yes to the first two, what is the last thing you were doing before you had to reboot? Why did you reboot?

You can either let the TP sit until it dies, or go to the doctor. But answering the questions above will help for the experts around here give more possible advice.

Trying to doctor my TP but its not passing 12%. Need help plz!!!!
    This worked for me, as my Touchpad has occasionally gotten stuck in reboot phase, too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    Try and hold center+power butttons for ten seconds.