1.    #1  
    Newbie here.

I tried to load mp3 & jpeg in the TP. I created photo and music folder, I can see the files in the computer, but nothing shows up in the TP when I open music and photo program.

I also tried to load mp3 to root and still nothing. Help.
  2.    #2  
    OK......after lots of reading..... trail & error ....... this is how I loaded pics & music

- uninstall Muffle System Logging from Preware
    - Lunar restart
    - plug USB cable from TP to PC
    - say yes to USB drive
    - Create a Music folder and Photo folder
    - copy mp3 to music folder and jpg to Photo folder
    - UNPLUG usb cable from PC without safely removing device
    - you will get a nasty message on your TP (who cares !!! I need music and pictures)
    - hard reboot (hold down power button and front button for about 10 seconds)
    - hard reboot again right away (see above)

After the 2nd hard reboot .......... Music & Pics are in my TP ...... yeah
    Goto your Music app & photo app to double check
    - install that dame Muffle System Logging again
    If your Outlook is not on an Exchange server, I don't think you can sync with it. But there is a way to output your Outlook contacts to Gmail:

Tranferring contacts
    Quote Originally Posted by TPster View Post
    OK......after lots of reading..... trail & error ....... this is how I loaded pics & music

- uninstall Muffle System Logging from Preware
    - Lunar restart
    - plug USB cable from TP to PC
    - say yes to USB drive
    - Create a Music folder and Photo folder
    - copy mp3 to music folder and jpg to Photo folder
    - UNPLUG usb cable from PC without safely removing device
    - you will get a nasty message on your TP (who cares !!! I need music and pictures)
    - hard reboot (hold down power button and front button for about 10 seconds)
    - hard reboot again right away (see above)

After the 2nd hard reboot .......... Music & Pics are in my TP ...... yeah
    Goto your Music app & photo app to double check
    - install that dame Muffle System Logging again
    What version are you on? There was a well-known indexer problem with 3.0.0 that used the work-around you just described. The update to 3.0.2 supposedly fixed that. In my case, I don't have trouble recognizing files that are transferred to the 'Pad.

So make sure you're runnjng the latest version.
    Muffle System Logging has always caused this file indexer bug. You can use Internalz Pro to view the files on the device, or just hard reboot after removing the MSL patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by TPster View Post
    Newbie here.

I tried to load mp3 & jpeg in the TP. I created photo and music folder, I can see the files in the computer, but nothing shows up in the TP when I open music and photo program.

I also tried to load mp3 to root and still nothing. Help.
    Have you updated the OS to 3.0.2? This was a known issue in 3.0.0 .
    Can't say I've had a single problem copying mp3 albums over to TP since the update. Music/Video App rescans after USB disconnect.
    I am running Muffle and have had zero issues with media files on my TP.
    WebOS 3.0.2
  8.    #8  
    I updated to 3.0.2 as soon as I opened my TP. Installed all patches & updates.
    I can't figure it out.
    maybe the photo has some bad EXIF item which will make media index not updating.
    u could delete those photos and mp3, then try to copy them to touchpad one by one, and check weather it will show up in touchpad.
    then u can find which photo or mp3 causes this problem.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    uninstalling MSL worked for me! Mp3's now play. Glad I finally found this thread. Thx.