Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by thomaz View Post
    start "internalz pro"
    tap in the upper left region on "internalz pro" and select settings.
    enable master mode and hidden files
    browse to "/var/home/root/"
    create a file, name it for example to "ksmp.sh", open it and add the following data:
    Hi guys, zero linux knowledge and very new to TP. Followed another thread and was able to mount my share, and saw the link. I'm stuck at the instructions to create a file. Can someone give some idea or step by step instruction on how to do that?

Many thanks in advance.
    start "internalz pro"
    tap in the upper left region on "internalz pro" and select settings.
    enable master mode and hidden files
    browse to "/var/home/root/"
    create a file, name it for example to "ksmp.sh", open it and add the following data:

mount.cifs //<hostIP>/<sharename> /var/palm/jail/com.kalemsoft.ksmplayera/media/internal/nas -o username=<username>,password=<password>

create a file, name it for example to "nas.sh", open it and add the following data:

mount.cifs //<hostIP>/<sharename> /media/internal/nas -o username=<username>,password=<password>

start xecutah/xserver/xterm and execute the following commands:

mkdir /media/internal/nas
    chmod 777 /media/internal/nas
    chmod 777 ksmp.sh
    chmod 777 nas.sh
    My KalemSoft Media Player downloaded from Kalemsoft has trial expired. So I installed v3 from prewar to do the testing.

Before talking about putting into a .sh file, I tried the manual method and had error.

Here's my line:

mount.cifs //IP/Public/Music /var/palm/jail/com.kalemsoft.ksmplayera/media/internal/nas

I've created the directory "nas" using Internalz Pro.

Error:
    retrying with upper case share name
    mount error 6 = No such device or address
    Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g.man mount.cifs)

It seems to indicate that "nas" directory is missing. I've checked using Internalz Pro that "nas" is there, and permissions had been set correctly using chmod 777 /var/palm/jail/com.kalemsoft.ksmplayera/media/internal/nas

Any idea what could have gone wrong?
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    there are two kalemsoft versions available. they create different folders in jail:
    version from hp appstore uses: com.kalemsoft.ksmplayer
    version from kalemsoft site (demo) uses: com.kalemsoft.ksmplayera
    Last edited by thomaz; 09/29/2011 at 10:12 AM.
    Thanks for the info Thomaz. This was the missing part that was causing my errors. Now all my problems are solved. Great info.
    Hi Thomaz,

I'm sure my issue is not related to directory name 'a' at the end, because I had checked using Internalz Proz. Is there any steps in your instructions that have been omitted?

Hope you can help.

Btw, I believe that Kalemsoft player from both HP AppStore and Kalemsoft website has to be registered. If you method works for me, does it mean that I don't need to register?

Quote Originally Posted by tengheng View Post
    My KalemSoft Media Player downloaded from Kalemsoft has trial expired. So I installed v3 from prewar to do the testing.

Before talking about putting into a .sh file, I tried the manual method and had error.

Here's my line:

mount.cifs //IP/Public/Music /var/palm/jail/com.kalemsoft.ksmplayera/media/internal/nas

I've created the directory "nas" using Internalz Pro.

Error:
    retrying with upper case share name
    mount error 6 = No such device or address
    Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g.man mount.cifs)

It seems to indicate that "nas" directory is missing. I've checked using Internalz Pro that "nas" is there, and permissions had been set correctly using chmod 777 /var/palm/jail/com.kalemsoft.ksmplayera/media/internal/nas

Any idea what could have gone wrong?
    there are two kalemsoft versions available. they create different folders in jail:
    version from hp appstore uses: com.kalemsoft.ksmplayer
    version from kalemsoft site (demo) uses: com.kalemsoft.ksmplayera
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12